Bi mobile vs bi viewer

Bentley

Banned
Reaction score
Went looking for the BI mobile and came across two versions. One is by Ken Pletzer for $9.99 and another for $4.99 by RLC Designs Inc. Are these the same product if not does one work better than the other? I want full function from the mobile or as full as it gets. Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Went looking for the BI mobile and came across two versions. One is by Ken Pletzer for $9.99 and another for $4.99 by RLC Designs Inc. Are these the same product if not does one work better than the other? I want full function from the mobile or as full as it gets. Thanks
You want the one from ken pletzer for 9.99...

Reaction score
You want the one from ken pletzer for 9.99...
We concur. Ken is always updating and bringing in new features. This is something you hardly see with other developers.
Personally we see a $9.99 amount as a price that is way to low for the quality that the app offers. (Not calling for a price raise, but just to know that for that amount you get so much options and support, that its price should at least be considered twice or double the price Ken currently asks).

The Nuclear bunker team

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
The official app is the one by Ken, I use it everyday.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
+1000 for Ken's app. I was a die-hard IP cam viewer user (and like Rober Chau's support for it), but once I learned that you can go full screen on a single camera by holding on the camera you want on the index view, it' obsoleted any other viewer.

Besides, if there's an issue and no one here can resolve it, you send an email to Ken, and within a day or two he's got a solution. I don't think he actually does the app development. Each time I've sent something to him about the app, he replies with, "I'll pass this on to the app developer"... FWiW.

Recently I had an issue where click and holding on a given camera in the index view opened the camera above the one I was selecting. I sent an email to Ken, and 2 days later there was an update issued resolving it. Turns out if the notification/status bar is shown (by default it's set to "show always") it move the touch input down by the width of the bar. You can manually set it to "never" under the app's settings - and that's what I did to resolve it immediately. Still, Ken had an update pushed out that changed the default setting to 'never show'.

All that for a one-time payment of $10 must be the deal of the century.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Agreed..I think he develops the ios app but not android...not sure..