BI not deleting old clips

linzheng

n3wb
Reaction score
Despite having both size and age options ticked, sometimes BI just doesn't delete old clips.
I have tried deleting old clips, repair DB and ticking only "limit size" a few times in the past couple of years, nothing seem to fix the issue permanently.

Any help would be appreciated.Screenshot 2022-11-28 165146.png

Attachments

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Even though no padlock is shown on the clip viewer, look at that "driveway" camera's "settings" => "record" tab, at drop-down menu selection at bottom right named "Protect (read only)" , insure it's set for "No".

linzheng

n3wb
Reaction score
Even though no padlock is shown on the clip viewer, look at that "driveway" camera's "settings" => "record" tab, at drop-down menu selection at bottom right named "Protect (read only)" , insure it's set for "No".
Just confirmed, it has always been set as "No".
However, I just realised that even though these old clips doesn't have a padlock icon, there're lots of flags on the timeline. Could it be the cause?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just confirmed, it has always been set as "No".
However, I just realised that even though these old clips doesn't have a padlock icon, there're lots of flags on the timeline. Could it be the cause?
Could be. From BI's built-in "Help" file (note bold text in second paragraph):

From "User Interface" => "Clip list, layout and filters" :​
<flag image> "Show flagged items. Flagged items may include a combination of clips (files) and triggered alert images. Flagged items are marked with purple flags in both the clips list and the timeline view."
From "The Database and Clips List => "Clips list context menu" :​
"You may “hold down” an item on the clips list to toggle its Flagged status. With an option on Clips in Settings, flagged items may be automatically marked as Protected as well. A protected item (also called read-only) is not automatically moved or deleted by database maintenance. Use this with caution, as this can lead to a disc full condition if too many items are protected."

Last edited: