BI not recording clips on 1 cam

Zion

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi, all my other 5 cameras BI is recording motion and saved in clips (though still trying to get those dialed in to not trigger when wind is blowing/shadows or a light comes on) however one camera BI fails to record.

Have restarted/unchecked and checked boxes and adjusted sensitivity yet still cant get it to record clips like the others that I have even tried setting up the same as ones that are recording.

Thanks much!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, all my other 5 cameras BI is recording motion and saved in clips (though still trying to get those dialed in to not trigger when wind is blowing/shadows or a light comes on) however one camera BI fails to record.

Have restarted/unchecked and checked boxes and adjusted sensitivity yet still cant get it to record clips like the others that I have even tried setting up the same as ones that are recording.

Thanks much!
youll have to post your settings...something is set incorrectly.

drbenjamin

n3wb
Reaction score
I ran into a problem like this when I enabled Smart Codec on my Dahua camera. Video showed in the BI display window but no clips were recorded.

Mike.in.Minnesota

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
On the cam that will not record...
- Under 'Trigger/Sources', is 'Camera's digital input or motion' checked? If it is, are the cameras motion/trigger/zone settings correct? I don't use this. I like to use the BI settings.

What you could do to check, is open the BI status window, and, select the 'Cameras' tab. Watch the black boxes for the camera. You should see the black box appear in 'motion', 'Trigger', 'Alerts', 'Clips'. Then, disappear when those events end. If the camera is continuous recording, then the black box will be always on. The numbers should also increase as each event gets triggered. I suspect you will not see these changed happen for that camera.

Delete the camera, and add it from scratch. Either import the settings from a camera that does work & change the ip address and name, OR, add the camera using the 'Copy from another camera' option.

Zion

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
On the cam that will not record...
- Under 'Trigger/Sources', is 'Camera's digital input or motion' checked? If it is, are the cameras motion/trigger/zone settings correct? I don't use this. I like to use the BI settings.

What you could do to check, is open the BI status window, and, select the 'Cameras' tab. Watch the black boxes for the camera. You should see the black box appear in 'motion', 'Trigger', 'Alerts', 'Clips'. Then, disappear when those events end. If the camera is continuous recording, then the black box will be always on. The numbers should also increase as each event gets triggered. I suspect you will not see these changed happen for that camera.

Delete the camera, and add it from scratch. Either import the settings from a camera that does work & change the ip address and name, OR, add the camera using the 'Copy from another camera' option.
Thanks, got it figured out (it was user error as normal as this software is quite impressive) I noticed a box was unchecked in settings.

Currently still trying to figure out how "Profiles" work and get them setup and really hope someday some generous soul will put a video online going through details all the settings. ;)

Thanks again