BI not working after last update. 9/29/2015

actruck

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just did the latest update for BI and now instead of seeing my cameras in the main screen of BI, all I see is my desktop. I can't see or access my cameras. If I reinstall, I'll loose all the cameras settings, correct? I have 5 cameras so if possible, I'd like to salvage my camera settings. I've rebooted several times with no change. If I view a clip, the remnants of the clip are visible on the main screen instead of the cameras.

Any ideas?

Attachments

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
It still works for me with the latest update. Can you get into the Options window? If so you can Export settings and Deactivate before you uninstall, and then you can re-activate and import once reinstalled.

Otherwise you'll need to find BI's settings in the registry and export them manually... and there is no guarantee it isn't a corrupt setting causing your problem.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@actruck If you have an older update file you can simply revert back by running it...
You can also export all your settings in the about tab...you wont lose anything.

actruck

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks. I did the export settings on the main page but I thought this was for BI only and not the cameras. I'll try your idea fenderman. I sill have the old install files. If his doesn't work I'll have to go bp2008's suggestion.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. I did the export settings on the main page but I thought this was for BI only and not the cameras. I'll try your idea fenderman. I sill have the old install files. If his doesn't work I'll have to go bp2008's suggestion.
dont go back to the original install..to clarify i mean the old update files...if you need one ill upload it for you.

actruck

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
too late. I reinstalled using an old installer and tried to import the backup file but all it does is close the program. I went to see if the update file was still in the folder but the old Blue Iris folder has been replaced. Bummer. Now what?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
too late. I reinstalled using an old installer and tried to import the backup file but all it does is close the program. I went to see if the update file was still in the folder but the old Blue Iris folder has been replaced. Bummer. Now what?
what version is the old installer?

actruck

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
the update put me back to the man screen issue again.

actruck

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks. I'll email support. I work with 3D software at work so the video and audio drivers was the first place I went. Both are up to date.

Thanks for everyone's help.

actruck

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
WOW!! What a challenge but I got it.

I tried the new install from the BI website but ended up with the same display screen issue.

I uninstalled then reinstalled version 4.0.6.0. Put my license number back in and reactivated. Did the import again and this time it worked. All of my camera data is there. I have no plans of doing ay updates in the near future.

Thanks to fenderman and bp2008 for your help.

jranalletta

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks. I just installed this update and it fixed a "blank screen" issue when playing bvr files. However, BI still crashes when attempting to convert to WM. AVI works.

Edit: Unwanted side effect...BI crashes when accessed with iPhone BI app when clearing alerts & status messages.

Reverted to latest update w/ attendant video non-display issue in BI console.

Last edited by a moderator:

jranalletta

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks. I just installed this update and it fixed a "blank screen" issue when playing bvr files. However, BI still crashes when attempting to convert to WM. AVI works.

Edit: Unwanted side effect...BI crashes when accessed with iPhone BI app when clearing alerts & status messages.

Reverted to latest update w/ attendant video non-display issue in BI console.
Just uninstalled BI; cleaned registry and reinstalled current version; imported archived reg file. No joy. If the problem is in my configuration, I wonder just where.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Just uninstalled BI; cleaned registry and reinstalled current version; imported archived reg file. No joy. If the problem is in my configuration, I wonder just where.
I as test, try a few cams before importing the reg file.

jranalletta

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I as test, try a few cams before importing the reg file.
Thanks. I uninstalled, cleaned registry and rebooted after each step. Reinstalled BI and added cams manually (did not import reg file) and IT WORKS!! Must have been an issue in set up.

THanks, again.