BI Occasional No Signal

micoinde

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Occasionally I receive a No Signal message in the BI camera window connected to my LG LVN5100R cameras. This No Signal image pops up for several seconds and then the camera will seem to work fine. This occurred several times throughout the evening a per the BI log. I thought this was a camera issue but I can access the camera directly at the same time BI is receiving this No Signal message. The Panasonic BL-C10 or Axis M3005-V cameras do not have this issue.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!

Lets see if we can trouble shoot this.
Does this happen to all your LG cameras or just one? Are they all connected to the same switch. What model switch do you have? Are you running off POE? Is this only happening in the evening with ir lights on? What version of Blue Iris are you running? Some cameras have auto reboot once a day/week, but it its happening more than once a night per camera its not the cause of your issue.

Note that the fact that you can log into the camera and view video does automatically mean its a blue iris issue. It could just be working in the interface because you now have a new fresh connection. For example, if you were to reconnect the camera in BI (by opening up the camera settings and just hitting ok, thereby resetting the connection) it would most likely start working. A better test would be to leave the stream going on both BI and the camera interface and see if there is an interruption in the interface.
In the interim go to the camera settings > watchdog, set the timer to 10 and fully reset after 1 or 2 timeouts.

micoinde

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
BI Release 3.49.01

Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1
Intel Core i7, 6GB, 64bit

Verizon FiOS
Linksys E4200 Wifi Router
Linksys 16 port Etherfast 4116 switch

My PoE is supplied as follows:

Trendnet PoE switch TPE-644, 4 PoE, 4 non-PoE

One LG LNV5100R PoE port 1
Axis M3005-V PoE port 2
Two LG LVN5100R are connected to a Cyber Data 2 Port PoE Gigabit Switch PoE port 3

One Axis M3005-V is connected to a PoE injector, EnGenius EPE-5818af, which is connected to non-PoE port 8

No IR settings are enabled.

Thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Does this happen to both your LG cameras or just one?

micoinde

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, it occasionally happens to all the LG cameras. It is erratic.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
BI Release 3.49.01

Trendnet PoE switch TPE-644, 4 PoE, 4 non-PoE

One LG LNV5100R PoE port 1
Axis M3005-V PoE port 2
Two LG LVN5100R are connected to a Cyber Data 2 Port PoE Gigabit Switch PoE port 3

Is the cyber data plugged into the trendnet? if so have you tried just using the trendnet?

micoinde

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I bypassed the cyberdata PoE splitter and connected directly to PoE port 3, still same issue. Dropped signal.

micoinde

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think I have corrected the No Signal Issue. I changed the bitrate at the camera to 4096, bingo, no issues. Thanks for the input from everyone. Next will be to adjust the focus and zoom to tighten the clarity of the picture.