BI recording continuosly (randomly) even though set to when triggered

Reaction score
Hello there
purchased BI after testing for a few days, so far really happy with all the options but having a few difficulties navigating the software.
under schedule - Currently I have only activated profile 1 and filled weekdays and weekends.
under record - I have it set to "when triggered"
but in my timeline view there are segments of the day and night where there is a blue solid bar which I think indicates continuous recording and there are files that report they are 6hrs59m in length I can play them if I select them from the clips window.
How do I make it just record when it is triggered? and why does it record continuously in what seems be random times?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello there
purchased BI after testing for a few days, so far really happy with all the options but having a few difficulties navigating the software.
under schedule - Currently I have only activated profile 1 and filled weekdays and weekends.
under record - I have it set to "when triggered"
but in my timeline view there are segments of the day and night where there is a blue solid bar which I think indicates continuous recording and there are files that report they are 6hrs59m in length I can play them if I select them from the clips window.
How do I make it just record when it is triggered? and why does it record continuously in what seems be random times?
the timeline will show recorded video when using the combine and cut option in the record tab, despite there being no actual video...disable combine and cut...also note that you can change each cameras event color so that they appear independently on the timeline

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Fenderman, I have the same issue (combine and cut selected), but there is actual video (and a few motion detections) in a very large file. The affected cameras have continuous recording set for my night time profile, but during the daytime profile only triggered recording is supposed to occur. Cameras with no continuous recording set for any profile are only displaying triggered recordings--these cameras also have combine and cut selected).

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Fenderman, I have the same issue (combine and cut selected), but there is actual video (and a few motion detections) in a very large file. The affected cameras have continuous recording set for my night time profile, but during the daytime profile only triggered recording is supposed to occur. Cameras with no continuous recording set for any profile are only displaying triggered recordings--these cameras also have combine and cut selected).
how do you know that no motion was detected?

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
how do you know that no motion was detected?
No markers on the timeline and at least on one camera, the motion detection area is very small in relation to the whole FOV.

I've compared camera settings between affected/unaffected cams and the only difference seems to be the continuous recording option on a separate profile. Schedules checked to make sure no unexpected profiles are running.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
No markers on the timeline and at least on one camera, the motion detection area is very small in relation to the whole FOV.
double check your settings..also remember that these settings can be changed via the mobile app, ensure you are not accidentally doing that.

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Mobile app is good--I'll scrutinize BI desktop settings...thanks!