BI Remote app connect to dual lan

lovedgor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I purchased the BI app for my Pixel phone and having trouble connecting to my BI computer. I have the BI server on 192.168.1.xx and the cameras on the other lan network 192.168.0.xx. I have no.ip ddns set up that I used when using a Hikvision NVR. I get error when trying to connect (can't connect to server) I have tried multiple settings for the LAN and WAN. But have had no luck in connecting. I would greatly appreciate any guidance. Thanks

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@lovedgor If you are using BI mobile app, then you would connect to BI server only. The mobile app does not need to talk to the cameras directly.

First thing, you need to get it working locally (LAN) first. Connect to your local wifi and see if you can get to your BI server 192.168.1.xx . If the BI server port is still at 81, make sure to specify that in the mobile app. If you still can't connect locally, make sure you don't have firewall settings that block access. Turn off firewall temporarily to confirm this.

For remote access, you either open BI server port (via your router) or you connect into your home network via VPN.

lovedgor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks so much. Got it locally. No I'll test the VPN.

lovedgor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Wow. I'll take a look. You guys are really great!!