BI remote management access? [SOLVED]

ck42

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm wanting to physically move my BI system to somewhere else on my LAN...somewhere that it wouldn't be very convenient to get to when I want to make configuration changes or updates. New location of BI would be a headless setup.
I have remote viewing setup and it has been working fine for years, but I don't see any way to remotely manage BI w/o going with some sort of application like RDP, VNC, etc etc.

Just need to confirm this is the case before I proceed with setting that up.

Last edited:

lcam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You can make some camera changes using UI3 of course so I assume you mean something more than that.

ck42

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, basically looking for a way that I would log in via the LAN and be presented with the UI and all its settings...as if I were sitting down in front of the BI computer.
Or....have a BI client. You run the client, give it the BI address....and you then have the full BI UI for that server.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm wanting to physically move my BI system to somewhere else on my LAN...somewhere that it wouldn't be very convenient to get to when I want to make configuration changes or updates. New location of BI would be a headless setup.
I have remote viewing setup and it has been working fine for years, but I don't see any way to remotely manage BI w/o going with some sort of application like RDP, VNC, etc etc.

Just need to confirm this is the case before I proceed with setting that up.
Blue iris has a remote function. You need to purchase a second license - available at a discount from the developer.

ck42

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks, Fenderman. This remote function sounds like maybe it is in fact a client/server type of function...but need to license both the server and client. I'll start Googling to find out more about this. Thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, Fenderman. This remote function sounds like maybe it is in fact a client/server type of function...but need to license both the server and client. I'll start Googling to find out more about this. Thanks.
It’s in the help file. It uses a full copy of bi as a client. It acts exactly as if you had the server copy open in front of you.