BI reports no signal on Hikvision camera

Reaction score
I have been running BI for a couple of years or so now as well as having 2 Hikvision CCTV cameras and 2 Merit Lilin CCTV cameras.

For the last day or so one of the HIkvision cameras is not showing any picture as BI reports No Signal.
I have unplugged the Cat5e cable from the switch and then plugged it back in again. The switch shows that data is being transmitted, as all the green leds are flashing. I have also shutdown BI and restarted it again, then I did a complete reboot of the windows7 system, but still no picture. I then removed the password and retyped it again, but after checking the basic stuff like IP address , there is still no picture. On checking outside , the cable looks as though it is still in the connection box, and with digging out my ladders, I am not 100% sure, but yet data is being transmitted.

Anything else it could be to cause the No signal.

Reaction score
No I can't, and didn't think of trying that, but can connect to other 3 cameras by browser.
I guess that means getting my ladders out?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
No I can't, and didn't think of trying that, but can connect to other 3 cameras by browser.
I guess that means getting my ladders out?
try pinging the camera or use sadp to see if the cameras ip address changed....

Reaction score
Pinging gives Destination Unreachable. What is sadp and how do I use it

Scrub that I found it now, thanks The IP address has been changed, but by what I don't know.

It's back online now, thanks

Last edited: