BI Stops Video Every 7 1/2 minutes

Reaction score
NVR = No video loss / CU is a PC video program that came with the IP camera system = no video loss even with BI running. I'm running 4 cameras on BI at 1920x1080. The cameras are all set to 15fps and iframe set to 15fps. Every 7 1/2 minutes each camera will drop out for 30 seconds one after the other just like clock work, 7 minutes on 30 seconds off. BI sets all of the frame rates to 17.5fps. When the video from each camera drops out the bit rate stays the same. My CPU is running at 14%. I'm running Kaspersky antivirus but the problem is the same even when it's disabled. I really like BI and will purchase it if I can get this issue worked out. Any help will be appreciated.

Reaction score
GW Security GW-2061IP they are 5MP cameras but I'm only running them at 1080P.

Thanks

Reaction score
I ran a Wireshark capture and the cameras are still streaming to the computer when BI drops the video.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
GW Security GW-2061IP they are 5MP cameras but I'm only running them at 1080P.

Thanks
I have seen others with problems with cameras with similar chipsets that com with UC2 software. Here are some things to try. Increase the receive buffer to 10mb. If that doesnt work, in the record tab, use alt frame rate to limit 15fps. If it still doesnt work contact support.
Side note: there are MUCH better options then that camera so if you can return do so..

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'll add that making the i-frame interval match the frame rate has helped with some 5MP chinese cameras in the past, mine specifically. Also lowering the bit rate beyond where you normally would. But given than your problem is so predictable I have my doubts the same solutions would work for you.

Reaction score
I downloaded another software program and it records and plays back without any problems. I played with the settings in BI and the IP cameras for many hours without any luck. Until the issue is fixed in BI I will have to use the other program. Thanks everyone for your help but I guess it just wasn't meant be at this time.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried disabling "Use RTSP/stream timecode", in BI's Network IP camera configuration window?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I downloaded another software program and it records and plays back without any problems. I played with the settings in BI and the IP cameras for many hours without any luck. Until the issue is fixed in BI I will have to use the other program. Thanks everyone for your help but I guess it just wasn't meant be at this time.
This issue will never be fixed unless someone with that camera contacts the developer so he can ascertain the problem.

Reaction score
BP2008 - Yes.
fenderman: It is my understanding that you have to already purchased the program to get support. I would be happy to work with the developer to fix the problem because, other than the listed issue, I really like BI.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You don't have to purchase it to get support... You are never asked for a key when you contact support..

Sent via Taptalk

Reaction score
fenderman: Thank you for that information. I've sent them an email and I'll let the forum know how it works out.

Reaction score
Update: Support says "It appears to be something with the RTSP support in the firmware..". So, no BI for me now ... I'll have to use the program that works without issues.