BI support TAX

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
When I clicked on purchasing blue iris support from inside BI for 29.95 I was charged sales tax in Texas. Is there a different way to purchase the support with out paying tax.

MyCommerce.com has offices in Texas.

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
They gotta "wet their beak", SY. They being the legalized Mafia referred to, commonly, as government.

Reaction score
Same happens in Colorado, they legislated themselves a new stream of Sales & Use Tax, so now I get a list of all purchases to submit at tax time to pay any "uncollected sales tax". I believe I saw a recent report that all but 4 or 5 states either have something similar already or in the works. So you'll see it more and more.

Also look for many china shipments to go up within a year, if the US follows through with dropping out of the 140-year Universal Postal Union (or negotiates such that China pays more than "developing country" rates). All the cheap postage to slow boat it to the US could be impacted.

Last edited:
Reaction score
If you don’t pay sales tax, you are supposed to pay use tax. If what you pay in sales tax is less than what your state charges, you are supposed to pay the difference.

See South Dakota vs Wayfair for an interesting read about how all states want their pound of flesh.

lifeatredline

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In Kansas it depends on which Amazon warehouse ships your order as to whether there is tax on it. The warehouse changes with time of day sometimes.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk