BI Update checking stopped working

Olddawg

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Prior to March 1, BI was checking for updates at Startup and would asked me if I wanted to install. It no longer does that and when I try to "Check for update now" I get the following error

upload_2019-3-7_10-5-44.png

My internet connection is good and I manually downloaded March 4 update and installed. Anyone else have this issue? I have emailed support.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Prior to March 1, BI was checking for updates at Startup and would asked me if I wanted to install. It no longer does that and when I try to "Check for update now" I get the following error

View attachment 40102

My internet connection is good and I manually downloaded March 4 update and installed. Anyone else have this issue? I have emailed support.
I tested it and got the same. You can download any updates directly from the website.

integlikewhoa

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I currently have that on two different systems. Something is wrong on their end.

phydeaux

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When you manly update from the website and you then "Click" on updates you get that your version is up to date.

This has been happening for me for sometime, I figured it was because my 1 year of support ran out.
No Complainta on having to do manual updates, Blue Iris is top notch application.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
You can also download a bunch of recent update versions from our downloads section. I am trying to post every update in there from now on

Olddawg

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Got an email from support and the issue has been resolved. Verified and it is working.

hotbrass

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This has been happening for me for sometime, I figured it was because my 1 year of support ran out.
My support has run out also. And my update controls on my ABOUT menu are grayed out. Does that mean I cannot update or I just have to do manual updates? My last update was 4.8.4.3 x64. Thanks!

Bow94z

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
SO my support is expired and I am currently running 4.8.4.3

I need to renew support to move to 4.8.5? Am I understanding this right?

Bow94z

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
lol got it.
I went to the BI site and in red at the top says
"If your support and maintenance have expired, please use Upgrade/Renew from Options before manually installing any updates."

Had me concerned for a min. I will run 4.8.5.3 manually with expired support