BI video lagging and ghosting

Jagradang

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Firstly i'm a new BI user so please be gentle!!. I've gone through all the tutorial videos, and the cliff notes plus gone through a lot of posts just to get my head around the setup and i thought i had it all working but i'm noticing an awful lag when previewing cameras. To the point it un-usable! When playing back recorded video there doesn't seem to be a lag but i get the odd ghosting on all cameras. When live viewing i don't get ghosting but all the cameras skip alot. I can watch the seconds counter missing a few seconds every so often

I have done network traces/pings tests etc and have confirmed there are no network issues there, this issue definitely seems to be with BI/Dahua configuration for the cameras

BI is set to record the main and preview from the sub-stream-2.
8 cameras - 4 set to continuous record and 4 set to trigger

PC:
Lenovo M900
i5 6500 64 bit
16gb Ram
480gb ssd for BI database
6Tb purple hdd for recording
onboard graphics

8 cameras
5x Dahua - HDW5231R-ZE
2x Dahua mini ptz - SD1A203T-GN
1x Dahua - HDW2431T-AS

all cameras and BI pc on seperate vlan (handled by cisco sg300 switch)
tp link 16 port managed switch - 8 port poe - all 8 cameras connected + pc.
1 lag with 2 ports between tplink and cisco switch for main network
300mbs down 15mbs up internet speed

direct to disk enabled

CPU idle usage is 7% (to around 16% max)
memory usage 30%

a few screenshots of the settings below hopefully someone can work out where i'm totally going wrong!

happy to provide any more info i may have missed out! All 8 cameras are configured pretty much the same config.

Attachments

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Are you remoting into the server, ie RDP? if you are then there is a setting in the main settings option which limits the update to once every 4-5 seconds. Can’t remember exactly where and am not in front of my system but should be easy enough to find.

Jagradang

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I hit this issue on remote desktop, the mobile app and ui3. I have changed that setting to unrestricted (if its the setting i'm thinking about - Bi cameras screenshot above?). So don't think its that setting unless there's another setting somewhere.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Ah yes, that is the option and I can see in the screenshot that you have it set to unrestricted.

The only other thing that causes my stream to stutter are the video drivers version.

I have the same CPU and I’ll post the version I’m using, might be worth trying?

Jagradang

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
that would be great, happy to try anything at this point.. struggling to get this working properly :(

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Sorry completely forgot about this, just checked and I’m using version 26.20.100.7757 I think I got them from the HP site.

If you have problems getting them, pop over the HP site, select the device as 600 G2 then check the drivers, hopefully you’ll be able to find and download them.

Jagradang

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the details. Given that a try but its still the same. Might dry a different driver and see if i can get it to work (if its that)