BI will not play MP4

Rick Rick

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have installed K-Lite Coldec pack 5.8.3 installed yet BI will not play the MP4 it records. Any suggestions?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have installed K-Lite Coldec pack 5.8.3 installed yet BI will not play the MP4 it records. Any suggestions?
There is a thread where I point to another codec pack...
Also mp4 is not ideal as you cannot play a clip that is recording....that might also be your problem...it is less efficient than bvr as well...

Rick Rick

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can you point me to the thread? I have done searches on this forum.

Also just so you know both Windows Media Player and Realplayer on my desktop can play the MP4s that BI creates.

Rick Rick

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
THe reason I like MP4s is that they have Thumbnails. I plan to store a lot of these and thumbnails are useful.
BVRs do not have thumbnails

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
THe reason I like MP4s is that they have Thumbnails. I plan to store a lot of these and thumbnails are useful.
BVRs do not have thumbnails
why in the world do you need thumbnails? that is what blue iris is for...no need to view anything in folders...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Can you point me to the thread? I have done searches on this forum.

Also just so you know both Windows Media Player and Realplayer on my desktop can play the MP4s that BI creates.
search

Rick Rick

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I will search for a thread that has codec in it. BUt is seems that BI would publish that if it has a special requirement.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
its excellent at showing lots of files...that is what the timeline and clips view is for...completely silly to look through video in folders makes no sense...

Rick Rick

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
its excellent at showing lots of files...that is what the timeline and clips view is for...completely silly to look through video in folders makes no sense...

I can look at 120-200 thumbnails in a single window with MP4s. How can I do that with BI and bvr's?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I can look at 120-200 thumbnails in a single window with MP4s. How can I do that with BI and bvr's?
what would be the point of that...it will tell you nothing...with the timeline you can scrub it to quickly review the video or by using the clip view you can select the date and scroll through them...

Rick Rick

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
what would be the point of that...it will tell you nothing...with the timeline you can scrub it to quickly review the video or by using the clip view you can select the date and scroll through them...
I do not want to look at them by date

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I do not want to look at them by date
Are you not using it for surveillance? This is not making sense...regardless, if you want to do things backwards and at the same time limit yourself to not being able to view an event until the files closes after recording, then search for the codec...

Rick Rick

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had installed a codec earlier. I found a link you posted "Third Party Software - Blue Iris" and reinstalled the codec. I think it was the same I already had., It did not help. I will contact BI and see what codec they recommend. Thanks

Rick Rick

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I looked and dont find anything else. I will contact BI. Thanks