BI Win 10 Service Issue

jredcld

n3wb
Reaction score
I currently have 4.6.2.1 running and the service was preventing win 10 from booting up properly. The win 10 Start Menu would not work among other things. As soon as I disabled the service and rebooted things worked fine. My question is, has this problem been addressed in a newer version?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I currently have 4.6.2.1 running and the service was preventing win 10 from booting up properly. The win 10 Start Menu would not work among other things. As soon as I disabled the service and rebooted things worked fine. My question is, has this problem been addressed in a newer version?
This is unique to your system...i dont recall anyone posting this issue...only one way to find out.

jredcld

n3wb
Reaction score
Nope, upgrade did not fix it. I'll have to check logs now...
BTW this is on a Acer Laptop i5

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Nope, upgrade did not fix it. I'll have to check logs now...
BTW this is on a Acer Laptop i5
try doing a full uninstall reinstall...export your settings and make sure you have the key...always install blue iris on a clean windows machine that should be dedicated to BI.

jredcld

n3wb
Reaction score
try doing a full uninstall reinstall...export your settings and make sure you have the key...always install blue iris on a clean windows machine that should be dedicated to BI.
I will try that at some point. Right now a workaround is to set the service to Manual, boot up the machine, log in and then start the service by hand.

This machine is dedicated to BI.

jredcld

n3wb
Reaction score
This is NOT a BI issue as it turns out. I have an intermittent network issue that seems to be hanging on boot (often). Sorry about that, and the admins can delete this thread if desired. Thanks.