BI Windows app won't launch

chavezcctv

n3wb
Reaction score
hello,
i recently have been getting this error when trying to open the Windows 10 app. i am not sure what happened. i have tried on all my Windows 10 computers, all them same results. all are Windows 10 Pro
my Android phones and tablets seem fine, just the PC's. i can login by navigating to my server IP address/port in a browser, but not with the app. i have uninstalled and reinstalled the app several times, same result.
i have tried the BI support and get no response. not sure, but the support email has been down for months.

any ideas? Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

Attachments

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This has nothing to do with BlueIris. This is a standalone app that someone posted in the Windows Store. It appears to be rather old.
You must use a non-private domain email service, otherwise, emails get blocked at his end.
It most likely isn't working because of changes in Blue Iris.
Send a support email per the directions in BI and use gmail.
Can you open Blue BlueIris its self?
Use Blue Iris's built in web server with Google Chrome instead.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Learn something new everyday. As pointed out above use the actual BI app and not the companion app whatever that is.

chavezcctv

n3wb
Reaction score
I can open BI on the Windows 10 PC that is my server. I'll try contacting BI support with a @gmail account.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I can open BI on the Windows 10 PC that is my server. I'll try contacting BI support with a @gmail account.
Bi support wont help you with that app. Its not a BI app. There is no reason to use it. The blue iris webserver with ui3 is far superior. The support email was not down for months. It was down for a couple of days as he updated.