BI4 and Windows 10 May update (1903)

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I would have seen comments from others before now but I thought I'd ask. I have 2 Dell desktops and a Dell notebook. The desktop, an XPS, and the laptop have updated to Windows 10 (1903). My Dell machine for Blue Iris is an Optiplex 7020 which Dell shows to have been tested ok for the 1903 update, but Windows is still saying my pc is not ready for the update yet. I have read where sometimes software, drivers, etc can delay the update. My BI machine doesn't have much on it besides Blue Iris so I wanted to see if other people were having a delay on their BI pc. I can't imagine BI having anything to do with this but wanted to ask others if their updates have been delayed.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
1903 has a staggered deploy so won’t be available to all at the same time. So for example in my house we have something 6 laptops and it’s only been offered on 2 of these.

If you really want search for upgrading Windows 10, should take you to the upgrade advisor site from where you should be able to kick off the upgrade.

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks @IAmATeaf. 2 out of 6 huh? I'm in no great hurry to update so I'll just wait, just didn't want to be seeing that I still wasn't ready 6 months from now if there was something unusual going on. I appreciate you responding with your experience.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It's doing you a favor by not updating on your BI machine. If you have the machine correctly configured and you don't do anything else on that machine, you don't need the update.