BI4 is crashing when i try to add email and test.

Reaction score
I used to have Blue Iris 3 and it worked very well for at least a year. Now I just purchased the Blue Iris Professional Edition Version 4 and I can't get pass setting up an email server because when i click test it crashes immediately. I have uninstalled and re installed, I have deleted all cameras and whenever I try to add an email or text alert the software crashes. How can i get this software to work because without alerts it is useless to me.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I used to have Blue Iris 3 and it worked very well for at least a year. Now I just purchased the Blue Iris Professional Edition Version 4 and I can't get pass setting up an email server because when i click test it crashes immediately. I have uninstalled and re installed, I have deleted all cameras and whenever I try to add an email or text alert the software crashes. How can i get this software to work because without alerts it is useless to me.
What EXACT version of the software are you running...ensure you download the full installer here Download Blue Iris
I can assure you the email and notifications work perfectly...