BI4 Legacy Issue

Dolamite

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all,

I've recently upgraded to BI5 and I am running into an issue with my PC trying to auto start BI4 even though the it has been un-installed. I have attached the error I get after logging in to my PC. Any help on how to fix this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Do you have a shortcut in your startup folder that points to the old BI4 Exe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did you uninstall bi4 ? using windows add or remove programs ?
Is the windows service still pointing the the bi4 folder ?

I did a clean install of BI 5.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Open task manager and see if you can identify which process that is showing the error message and/or command prompt. Hopefully it will be listed near the top of the Processes tab, in the "Apps" section. You can right click there and "Go to details". On the Details tab, right click the headings at the top of the list. Choose Select columns. Enable "Image path name" and "Command line" to give you a bit more info about each process.

Dolamite

n3wb
Reaction score
Open task manager and see if you can identify which process that is showing the error message and/or command prompt. Hopefully it will be listed near the top of the Processes tab, in the "Apps" section. You can right click there and "Go to details". On the Details tab, right click the headings at the top of the list. Choose Select columns. Enable "Image path name" and "Command line" to give you a bit more info about each process.
I attached a photo of the process that's running when the error is displayed. It appears to be trying to run a command that is no longer present. Clicking on the CMD.exe just opens that app. I'm not sure how to remove that instruction/rule.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I attached a photo of the process that's running when the error is displayed. It appears to be trying to run a command that is no longer present. Clicking on the CMD.exe just opens that app. I'm not sure how to remove that instruction/rule.
looks like you setup the auto start using task scheduler, launch it and modify the process to auto start BI5 instead.