BI5 can not find my Cameras , please help

Carluzky

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Sorry i have looked on he forums but i can't seem to find the answer
So I have 2 Cameras that BI5 have easily found with just the "find Camera " option which i connected without any issues (one reolink and another amcrest)
Yesterday i received my third camera (amcrest) But for the life of me no matter what i tried (unplug power / changed ethernet cable / ect) Bi will not recognize the third camera , as a matter of fact the search box will come back completely empty (while on previous tries it used to still show my other 2 cameras)
The ONLY thing that i was able to do was completely uninstall and reinstall BI5 yesterday. Then all 3 Cameras showed up as an option. The problem is , today in the morning I tried adding my 4th camera and I am having the same issue again!
I really don't want to be uninstalling BI every time i add a new camera , do you guys have any suggestions ? thank you ! (i am using the full software by the way , Not the demo)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You dont need the software to find the cameras. You should be setting a static or reserved ip for each camera in your router and therefore know the ip.