BI5, LAView doorbell cam & push alerts (help requested)

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have BI5, ver 5.2.7.12x64 and a LAView doorbell cam (One Halo LV-PDB1630-U), which I understand is a variant of the RCA doorbell cam.
The doorbell cam is set up in BI and works as expected and it captures everything as I've configured it in terms of size, etc.
The doorbell cam does have it's own app which would normally let me know when someone is at the door except that 90% of the time I don't get the push notification until 2-10 minutes later.
I've tried a multitude of advanced troubleshooting steps and LAView support isn't helpful so I'm moving on to see if I can get a similar result with BI push notifications.
I want to set up a way to add an additional trigger and push notification to my android phone (using the BI app) so that when someone is within 5' of the door, I'd get a push notification and photo.
So the 2nd trigger would need to be setup for a larger object in a smaller watched area but I'm unclear as to the best way to set this up.
Would I use my existing cam setup and add a new profile and set the alerts for the new profile with push notification on?
Would I clone the camera and set up a new trigger event and alerts?
I'm not sure of the best way to do this and could use any guidance from anyone that has done something similar.
If someone can at leave provide an outline of what I need to do, I think I can figure it out but if you're inclined to provide step by step, I won't object.
Thanks