BI5 - Minimum Time Between Alerts - On Reset

Jarrah

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

Would someone mind confirming if this is a bug or is working as expected please.

I have BI5 configured to send me a Telegram text message when motion is detected (calling a bat file within Actions -> On Alert), and then a video file when no more motion is detected (Actions -> On reset).

I also have "Minimum time between alerts" set to 300 seconds to reduce the number of alerts, but the trouble is this option only seems to apply to "On alert" and not "On reset". If I trigger motion again within 300 seconds, I don't receive a message but I do receive the video again.

I would expect the "Minimum time between alerts" to also apply to "On reset" - am I mistaken by this?

Is it a bug? Can I report this to be fixed somehow please?

Thanks!

Jarrah

n3wb
Reaction score
What's the best way to report issues like this please? I emailed BlueIris support around 5 days after posting this but I haven't heard anything back yet. I just have standard email support so is it normal to be waiting almost a month for a reply?

Unfortunately the On Reset issue is preventing me from receiving valuable alerts from Blueiris because it generates too many alerts for the same event. I think this is a bug but I don't know where to report it or gain acknowledgment it's being looked at?

Thanks.