BI5 running on Server 2019

Sheriff055

n3wb
Reaction score
Is anyone running Blue Iris on a Windows Server platform? I have a Dell Precision 5500 with DUAL XEON E6540 with 64GB RAM and 512 SSD for the OS and 3TB drives in RAID 0 running Server 2019. I know it says Microsoft Windows 7 or newer OS (equivalent server OS as well) but not sure if anyone is actually using server software. I want to move BI5 to this platform as the PC it's currenltly on, my work PC, keeps getting pegged at 100% CPU with BI5 using up the majority. I've tried all the recommendations for Direct to Disk, which is currently SSD Drives.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
I remember seeing al post where somebody tried to install BI5 and it failed complaining about a missing component.

I’d suggest getting Process Monitor and then monitor the install to see what files it’s expecting and not finding and then work from there.

Then let us know how you get on

Sheriff055

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, not sure if there even a benefit to doing so, I might just install Windows 10 and be done with it

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Is anyone running Blue Iris on a Windows Server platform? I have a Dell Precision 5500 with DUAL XEON E6540 with 64GB RAM and 512 SSD for the OS and 3TB drives in RAID 0 running Server 2019. I know it says Microsoft Windows 7 or newer OS (equivalent server OS as well) but not sure if anyone is actually using server software. I want to move BI5 to this platform as the PC it's currenltly on, my work PC, keeps getting pegged at 100% CPU with BI5 using up the majority. I've tried all the recommendations for Direct to Disk, which is currently SSD Drives.
You are much better off buying a 3rd gen or higher i5 for 100 -300bux....the power consumption savings alone will pay for it.