bingo!

micropone

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I think I solved my home camera setup..

Well I think!!

I have 10 different hikvision cameras.. when I first set up BI the was playing around with the max rate settings on the camera it self..

after searching the internet I found http://www.hikvision.ca/ueditor/net/upload/2015-12-10/2bb516e6-5ed2-46c7-9974-ced5480af65b.pdf

I followed it to the tee based on my camera fps.. then with BI +2 on max rate...

Long story short my numbers were way to low.. (YES TOOO LOW) i think that's what make BI go crazy... 10 cameras on higher /15-20fps cpu running at %12 all day long...

Happy man... next project 6 camera system for my neighbor

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I want a chart with recommended bit rates for ordinary H.264. I don't think H.264+ is quite as "fully compatible" as they claim.

I normally just max out the bit rate, or if there is no limit then I tend to go overkill anyway, like 6144 Kbps for 1920x1080 @ 15 FPS.

teamRAVEGREEN

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I don't mean to hijack this thread, but my question is along the same lines... I was playing around with FPS in BI last night and I couldn't get the setting to stick. I was using a single 5231 and trying to set the max FPS at 20. It looked like the settings would stick but then a few minutes later when I went in to poke around at some other settings I'd notice that it was again set back up to 25 or 26 FPS.

Maybe not a big deal, but it bothers me that the setting wouldn't stay. I noticed late last night, but wasn't able to test, that you can also set the FPS on the camera itself - through its own interface/settings - I'm wondering if this is how I would have to do that?

Have either of you experienced anything like that?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't mean to hijack this thread, but my question is along the same lines... I was playing around with FPS in BI last night and I couldn't get the setting to stick. I was using a single 5231 and trying to set the max FPS at 20. It looked like the settings would stick but then a few minutes later when I went in to poke around at some other settings I'd notice that it was again set back up to 25 or 26 FPS.

Maybe not a big deal, but it bothers me that the setting wouldn't stay. I noticed late last night, but wasn't able to test, that you can also set the FPS on the camera itself - through its own interface/settings - I'm wondering if this is how I would have to do that?

Have either of you experienced anything like that?
the max fps setting in blue iris is not meant to stick...it auto adjusts as explained in the release notes to above the actual fps...you must set fps in the camera.