BIT GUI is slow (love BIT anyway)

randyh

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Great App. This is super minor issue and may be my issue.

I have run BIT thru probably last three versions. The GUI for BIT has always been slow for me. For instance clicking a tab, it takes about a second to update the display. Is this just normal or is my experience odd? All features function well, this is just a GUI issue.

BIT 1.1.2
BI 4.1.1.0 x64
Server:
I7-4790 CPU @ 3.60 GHz
16 Gig Ram
WIN 10 64
Runs BI, HomeSeer, BIT
Avg CPU: 28%

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Weird, it shouldn't be slow with those server specs. Was it slow before Windows 10?

randyh

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It was slow for me with Windows 8.1 also. Is there an underlying infrastructure version (layman's term) like .net, SQL, Java, that BIT prefers?

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
It was slow for me with Windows 8.1 also. Is there an underlying infrastructure version (layman's term) like .net, SQL, Java, that BIT prefers?
It shouldn't matter. What kind of graphics card do you have?

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm really not sure why it's slow...Have you tried uninstalling then reinstalling BIT? First make sure to backup your BIT settings!

randyh

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks, Mike. I will try that later tonight and report back.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Video card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960
Side note..The video card is a waste for blue iris..you should use integrated intel HD so you can take advantage of hardware acceleration.

randyh

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Side note..The video card is a waste for blue iris..you should use integrated intel HD so you can take advantage of hardware acceleration.
Thanks Fenderman, but the video card is not specifically for Blue Iris. Once in awhile I use that server to play Fallout.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
If uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't work, try disabling some features (watchdog, etc.) and see if it still lags.

Rodger3876

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't know if my problem is related but here is my issue? When BI Tools starts up with Windows or if I start manually it show (Not Responding) & is very long start up. Sometimes 3 or 4 min. Once it starts it seems sluggish & a cpu hog, adds 9% to 15% on top of Blue Iris v4 which is avg 11%? I have also had problems with Blue Iris crashing? I also use remote live view page that I have notice long load up times on & F5 refresh to get going & sometimes clicking once at log in to get nothing & having to click again to get started? In my testing so far I have found that turning off BI Tools cures my remote live view page loading problem & log in & CPU goes down (BI Tools not running)? Next I have turned BI Tools back on & have turned off all Watch Dogs & running with the weather update. This is what I'm presently testing & so far so good? When BI Tools starts (Windows or manually) it starts instantly & no noticeable differences in CPU (avg total 11% to 12%) & remote live view page starts & loads fast every time on every Log In & Blue Iris has not crashed? I have been running this way only for 6 hours but it looks good so far? In closing I am not sure where I'm at with my problem, but I thought I would pass on what I have done

Ekki

n3wb
Reaction score
As windows is working (in the background) all the time (of course) it`s doing many things you can`t see and slows you down. It`s also working on things you have done in the internet. So sometimes microsoft edge and explorer are still working though you have closed it. I solved this problem by installing two things... Microsoft really does`nt like it, (as a speaker told);))). The first is ccleaner, freeware or to buy. The second is Wise Care 365, freeware or to buy. I bought Wise Care 365. If you have both freeware, run ccleaner first, it will delete things the freewareversion of 365 can`t manage.
But !!!! Install both manual. Otherwise you will get new browser and others, you don`t need.
If you are running Wise Care 365 you will be shown the percentage of system-speed before and after. Select what this program should work by cleaning; you would not like to see your last work in word is not seen a.s.o. and you have to search it on your hd.

Rodger3876

n3wb
Reaction score
Update: After a week of testing it all come down to a bad camera!! Blue Iris has not crashed & Blue Iris Tools has gone back to normal operations. I still have turned off BIT watchdog. Watchdog seems to use 6% to 8% avg of CPU? Web page views & log on are also back to normal operation. I guess i didn't realize that a camera could cause problem this way? I am not sure what was going on with the camera because it seemed to be operating fine?

randyh

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't work, try disabling some features (watchdog, etc.) and see if it still lags.
Turns out when I enable the [Folder Monitor] feature, that is slowing down my GUI.

I did a uninstall and reinstall and that did not seem to change things.
I do not require that sub-feature at this time, so its not a deal breaker or anything. But, if you would like to suggest anything for me try to fix this I am willing to try it.

thanks
randy

Ekki

n3wb
Reaction score
A while ago, I had a prob like this (slowing down). When I´m thinking about my computer, I see a hotel with rooms. Several people like to have the same room, and of course, that does`nt work.
So I took a programm, to see whats wrong with my hotel. www.advanced-ip-scanner.com
Running this "free"-program i saw, that one computer in my system was using the same ip.adress (room) my camera did.
As the adress had been given by my router, I changed it and everything was fine.