BL-3200 - Lost Password

tri4sale

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a camera, unknown brand, when I run SADP it shows a device type as "BL-3200"

I setup one of my cameras, but have forgotten the password. I've tried holding down the reset button on back of camera for 20 seconds, but it doesn't appear to change anything on the camera.

Anyone know how to reset this so I can access it again.

thanks.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I've tried holding down the reset button on back of camera for 20 seconds
Starting from before power is applied?
And maybe leave pressed for longer, to allow it to get further through the boot process.

when I run SADP it shows a device type as "BL-3200"
Might be an OEM version, or might be a 3rd party camera running a 'Hikserver' that SADP picks up.
What's the firmware version showing in SADP?

**edit** The camera looks like a Hikvision DS-2CD2032

tri4sale

n3wb
Reaction score
Firmware version V5.2.0build 141110
DSP Version V5.0, build 140714

I'll try to press resest as power is applied and hold a bit longer and see if that helps.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Firmware version V5.2.0build 141110
That looks like it could be Hikvision firmware.
If so, I think that very old version will have the 'Hikvision backdoor' vulnerability, in which case the configuration file can be pulled and the password extracted.

You can check it out by using this URL, from a PC that is on the same IP address range as the camera.

In the browser replace the IP address with that of the camera:
http://<camera_IP_address>/System/configurationFile?auth=YWRtaW46MTEK
If it pulls out a configuration file, zip it up and attach here, and I'll decrypt and decode it for you and extract the lost password.

tri4sale

n3wb
Reaction score
The remove power and press reset as plug back in worked perfectly, set back to factory defaults, so I could go in and use default login/password and reset it up.

I did try the backdoor vulnerability, and it did work too. Should I upgrade the firmware on these cameras, and if so, how do I get new firmware since these are OEM versions.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
how do I get new firmware since these are OEM versions.
The forum has a good selection of the R0 firmware in the downloads section here : R0 series DS-2CD2x32x-Ixx IP camera firmware

Your camera might have an OEM code set in the hardware descriptor block, which the stock firmware may object to.
If so - it will just reject the attempted update.

A word of caution though -
Do any updates through the major versions instead of one big jump.
And the hope would be that your camera isn't a China region device that would be bricked by a firmware update.