IPCT Black Friday Blue Iris Sale! $49.99 until midnight Saturday!

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Title says it all. Click here to take advantage of this limited deal! Blue Iris Software - IP Cam Talk Store
Hi Mike,

Can a person buy the license on sale and not use it until they are ready to do so? More specifically is the license good for any future version of BI (within the upgrade period of course) before I install whatever version and than apply the license. I've wanted to try my hand on using BI as a VMS and planning to build a dedicated BI server.

I'm still pretty far away from getting all of the pieces to get this system up. It might literally take me until mid 2022 to get it up and going but didn't want to miss a nice discount for BI.

Any guidance or insight in that respect would be appreciated. :thumb:

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi @Teken

Yes, you can purchase now and hang onto the key until you are ready. Your support is activated once the key is activated and your key will be good for BI 5 forever but w/ 1 year of updates / support.

Does that make sense?

Thanks,
Mike

Last edited:

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi @Teken

Yes, you can purchase now and hang onto the key until you are ready. Your support is activated once the key is activated and your key will be good for BI 5 throughout the duration of this major revision.

Does that make sense?

Thanks,
Mike
Mike,

That makes perfect sense and really appreciate the quick reply and insight! :thumb:

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
I would grab another one, but already have probably6-8 between self, family and 4 offices.
I still have one on an old dell that's running ver 4, it's one of my test beds

I was just buying again when the support ran out, but the auto renewal works great,
I don't have to do anything and it's done.

DavidW

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi @Teken

Yes, you can purchase now and hang onto the key until you are ready. Your support is activated once the key is activated and your key will be good for BI 5 throughout the duration of this major revision.

Does that make sense?

Thanks,
Mike

I was under the impression that the key would be good for 1 year, as I purchased a Blue Iris license during BI5 and it has now expired and I am unable to receive updates.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
I was under the impression that the key would be good for 1 year, as I purchased a Blue Iris license during BI5 and it has now expired and I am unable to receive updates.
are you sure it wasn't a BI4 key that you purchased? Where did you purchase it? Did you activate the key?

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
@Mike

"Title says it all"

until midnight Saturday

We all dont know which time zone you refer to,
But in my opinion Saturday midnight means 27.11. 23:59 , not 26.11 23:59

and the code is already expired ?

Neil Sidhu

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is the $49.99 in CAD? Also is this the same as the yearly maintenance package that's for $54.92CAD(non auto renewal)? Thanks,

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Mike,

Just wanted to take a few moments to thank you and the IP forum in offering this nice discount while also making it easy to download the latest BI 5.XX VMS release. :thumb:

Looking forward to trying this software out once that server is finally built! :banghead:
Awesome, thanks so much for the kind words! Glad to enjoy it here, and thanks always fie the support.