Black Video on Playback

biggie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I'm hoping that there is a simple fix for this, but I have tried changing a lot of settings and it has not helped me out. I have two cameras, a Hik 2142FWD-I and a 2042WD which are acting up and I am unsure as to why. Both cameras are fine and view able on live view. The clips that are generated after motion is detected show the first frame on the file. However, when I open the file it is 20 seconds of black screen. I currently have the motion settings enabled on both, pre-trigger set to 50 and cut video when motion is triggered enabled. Additionally, I am using the Blue Iris video format with direct to disc selected. Any thoughts?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I'm hoping that there is a simple fix for this, but I have tried changing a lot of settings and it has not helped me out. I have two cameras, a Hik 2142FWD-I and a 2042WD which are acting up and I am unsure as to why. Both cameras are fine and view able on live view. The clips that are generated after motion is detected show the first frame on the file. However, when I open the file it is 20 seconds of black screen. I currently have the motion settings enabled on both, pre-trigger set to 50 and cut video when motion is triggered enabled. Additionally, I am using the Blue Iris video format with direct to disc selected. Any thoughts?
What is your iframe interval set at?

biggie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey @fenderman, thanks for your quick response as usual, it is greatly appreciated that you are always so willing to spread your knowledge! I apologize for the delay in responding, as I was stuck at work. The iframe interval is set at 50, frame rate is 25 on the camera config, and exposure is set to auto. In BI the settings are 30fps and 2688x1520 with the pre-trigger buffer @ 50 and set to cut video when motion detected. I reset my POE switch and it seems to have fixed the black screen issue, however now I am seeing a trail on moving objects (ie cars and people walking). Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey @fenderman, thanks for your quick response as usual, it is greatly appreciated that you are always so willing to spread your knowledge! I apologize for the delay in responding, as I was stuck at work. The iframe interval is set at 50, frame rate is 25 on the camera config, and exposure is set to auto. In BI the settings are 30fps and 2688x1520 with the pre-trigger buffer @ 50 and set to cut video when motion detected. I reset my POE switch and it seems to have fixed the black screen issue, however now I am seeing a trail on moving objects (ie cars and people walking). Any ideas?
There are two types of trails, one that is caused by the camera (usually noise reduction) another is caused by how blue iris processes the frames. The solution to the former is to lower noise reduction and the solution to the latter is to match the iframe interval to the fps in the camera. If you post a video we can determine what is causing it.

jcams

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i noticed i had a few second delay (black video) on my hikvision cameras clips when they start.. Finally figured out turning off the intel hardware decode fixed the issue..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
i noticed i had a few second delay (black video) on my hikvision cameras clips when they start.. Finally figured out turning off the intel hardware decode fixed the issue..
You likely just need to uncheck also bvr in the video tab of the camera in bi.