Blink XT alternative with POE, any suggestions?

sygad1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi All,

Looking for recommendations for small IP (POE) cameras for use internally, external would be an added bonus but not really a critical thing.

I was looking at the Blink XT as it's small and unobtrusive, dare I even say, it has a reasonably nice design ;-) Only prob lem, it's not POE and I definetly don't want a WiFi solution.

Any suggestions?

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

sygad1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Price seems OK as well £17.

Talking of software, do you use it with BI by any chance?

Would love to see a photo of your doorbell setup as well if you have time.

Cheers

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I use BI. I have the camera mounted in the door bell enclosure. The enclosure is a 5 inch square electrical box mounter into the brick, the enclosure is covered by a brass plate. with a hole for the bell button, and a hole for the camera lens. The door bell is a simple 12V bell, that is about 28 years old. I just have the camera and the door bell. There is NO audio.

The enclosure originally had a speaker in it tired to the home telephone system. I never once used the phone to talk to the person at the door, So audio is not needed.

dabflyboy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I use BI. I have the camera mounted in the door bell enclosure. The enclosure is a 5 inch square electrical box mounter into the brick, the enclosure is covered by a brass plate. with a hole for the bell button, and a hole for the camera lens. The door bell is a simple 12V bell, that is about 28 years old. I just have the camera and the door bell. There is NO audio.

The enclosure originally had a speaker in it tired to the home telephone system. I never once used the phone to talk to the person at the door, So audio is not needed.
@SouthernYankee Thanks for this. This is essentially what I've been wanting to do. I have an old 1800's home and I've been trying to figure out how to keep the aesthetic of the old facade while incorporating a camera at the door. These newer doorbell cameras just look too modern for a historic house. I've been toying with the idea of taking apart a Colorvu camera and doing something just like this, but I don't know how much space I need.