Blocked DS-2CD2342WD-I-4MM,

Reaction score
Hi guys, new to the forum but I notice a lot of people helping out on this topic.

Ok so I am at the stage where I have realised that the camera is locked and needs the password reset, the camera and nvr I am using is a secondhand and being the newb I am to cctv, I am now faced with this problem, I hope to use the web based code generator @ Hikvision Password Reset to get me out of the situation but I have come into another problem along the way.

whilst trying to figure out how to reset the password I have downloaded sapd software and initially I could see said camera but didn't know how to use properly. now I hopefully understand what I need to do to reset the camera but for some strange reason I can't see the camera in the sapd software anymore when directly connected to LAN.

I have 12v power connected and network cable also connected, when I initially plug in , the IR lens activate but after 20 seconds or so it turns off followed by a click, is this sequence for shutting down or is the camera still powered, just a different reason I can't see on the sapd?

any help would be much appreciated, I have spent at least 24hrs solid trying to get this working so I don't want to be defeated and have to resort to taking it to the cctv shop.

Kind Regards
Tobias

Reaction score
Update, I am now on another network and the sad is now finding the camera, struggling resting though now, getting error 2022 and device denied. any ideas please much appreciated,

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
That cube camera has a reset button internally that will reset to defaults if you press the button, power on the camera, wait for about 30 seconds.
Then find it in SADP, and 'Activate' it.

I have downloaded sapd software and initially I could see said camera
What firmware version did SADP show?
If it is lower than 5.4.5, use this URL (changing the IP address to match the camera).
If it outputs a file, zip it up and attach here and I will decrypt, decode and extract the password for you.
http://<camera_IP_address>/System/configurationFile?auth=YWRtaW46MTEK

Reaction score
hi Alastair, thanks for your reply, the camera isn't a cube one its a turret exir, firmware is 5.41 build 160525, so I will try that now, it seems to be freezing and not loading anything up. ill keep trying and report back, thanks

Reaction score
I have the camera plugged into router with 12v power supply, is this correct?

Reaction score
Hi alistar I get no response when I enter the cameras ip into the url, what am I doing wrong?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
If it is lower than 5.4.5, use this URL (changing the IP address to match the camera).
Hi alistar I get no response when I enter the cameras ip into the url, what am I doing wrong?
Nothing wrong - the 5.4.41 firmware no longer has the 'Hikvision backdoor', so that sneaky trick to make use of it to extract the configuration file will no longer work.

A fairly easy way to reset the camera configuration to defaults, without needing logon credentials, is to use the Hikvision tftp updater to install the same version of firmware as is already installed.
The camera needs to be able to talk to the tftp updater, which generally works OK
The updater, and instructions, can be found here :
TFTPServ

Reaction score
ok thanks alistar I am on with that today can the pc with tftpserv on be running on wifi or does it has to be connected via LAN?

Reaction score
Im stuck at extracting wmd5 and wmd6 files, beyond my skillset this but if you can help I am prepared to give it a go, I have downloaded telnet and ftp software and also the tftpserv software, I have the above firmware if it is correct, so I think the wmd4 and 6 files are my next steps, I appreciate your help Alistair

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
can the pc with tftpserv on be running on wifi or does it has to be connected via LAN?
This will work best with the PC on the LAN.
I found this but it has different numbers at the end so not sure If I can use this?
It doesn't have to be exactly the same - I'm sure that one would be OK.
But I think your link is fro R0 series firmware - your camera is R6 series.
There is also a selection on the forum here : R6 series firmware - see models list
And this is usually the location with the best selection : DOWNLOAD EU PORTAL
It's got the 5.4.41 version with the same build number as you have quoted.
can I not update the firmware whilst I'm at it?
Sure - but probably best to regain access first, then do the updates.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Im stuck at extracting wmd5 and wmd6 files, beyond my skillset this but if you can help I am prepared to give it a go,
Not relevant for your camera - do not do this.

You just need to use the tftp updater to refresh it with the same version of firmware, this will reset to defaults and allow you to 'activate' it and have full access.

Reaction score
AHH Alistair thats great news! I will try this as soon as I get back to the workshop. Haha I'm excited like a little kid hahaha finally feel like I'm getting somewhere with it! Thanks alot!

Reaction score
ok so ive got the correct firmware, followed instruction to flash, but. not getting further than tftp server initialised, after I reboot the camera nothing begins to happen, I am running tftpserv as administrator,

I only have 1 LAN port on the pc so its not connected to the network as I am using the port to connect straight to the camera will this be ok? ip is set .

Reaction score
Hi Alastair sorry for the influx of messages but as an update I have successfully flashed the camera. now when I plug it into my ds7608ni e2/8p/a, the start up wizard docent find the camera, and when on camera management I get a status off network not reachable.. why is this not straight forward?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I only have 1 LAN port on the pc so its not connected to the network as I am using the port to connect straight to the camera will this be ok? ip is set .
A direct connection between PC and camera can be quite troublesome with the Hikvision tftp updater.

but as an update I have successfully flashed the camera.
OK - so you managed to do the firmware update with the tftp updater.
What did you change to make that work?
And did it reset the camera back to default settings, with a status of 'Inactive' as seen by SADP?

If the camera has been reset to default settings, it will be in an 'Inactive' state.
In that state, when connected to an NVR PoE port that is in 'Plug&Play' mode, the NVR should simply take over the camera, activate it, and manage it automatically.

If the camera has been activated - - by setting a strong password for the admin user -
You will need to set the camera IP address to match the IP address that the NVR PoE port that you want to connect it to has been set to.
An easy way to do that is to connect the PC to an unused NVR PoE port and use SADP to find the camera, and using the admin password that was used to 'Activate' it, set the camera IP address to match.
It will be in the range 192.168.254.x most likely.

Reaction score
Ive done it pal!! had to move the tftpserv file to C:/ folder and wallaaa worked! now looking at my working camera however im getting black strips on the screen, and looks like poor quality, it seems whenever I change the settings to 1080p and leave the screen it reverts back to 720p