Blows so hard it sucks

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
I've been in near drought conditions for over a year. So any rain is greatly welcomed but yesterday was a surprise. Rain started Saturday night and continued until about 5am. Nice to have some moisture in the ground, right?

Yesterday was cloudy and overcast. A great day to spend inside with the wife and watch a movie. Rain got stronger around 6pm and then, almost an hour later, gale force winds came out of nowhere! We put up wooden blinds in the covered terrace a year ago. High ceilings so the curtains about 3m (10ft) long. Tied up, they survived the hurricane this past October. But on Saturday, the string that is used to roll up one blind broke. Not a huge deal as I was going to call the guy to come fix it today, Monday. No heavy winds called for, all will be well, right?

Well, here is a wooden blind flying and breaking apart in mid-air. Wish this recording was at 60fps!

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
It got the attention of the guy in that vehicle.
Yes, and it got my attention when I saw how close it came to hitting the vehicle!

The guy who made the blinds should be able to put them back together. We have all the wood but will need reconstruction.

Going to be buying some non-fraying parachute cord off of Amazon to replace the string on the rest of the blinds.