Blue Iris - 1 camera falling behind quickly

tweakgames

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I have two HIKVISION 4 MP cameras on a pretty powerful server 2 x 6 core 2.9 GHz. Only using about 15% cpu with 4 cameras. Not even direct to disk, although that doesn't seem to make a difference in CPU usage weirdly enough.

For some reason, one of them starts to lag behind. At first it's in sync, then every second it gets a half second behind. 10 minutes laters its 5 minutes behind. I have it set for 20 FPS on both, but the camera lagging behind goes up and down around the 8 - 11 range.

If I log in with VLC viewer or into the camera directly via http, it's perfect, and current.

I have removed and re-added the camera multiple times, tried the same exact settings as the other camera, nothing. They are both on the same switch, and this is the full version of the latest BI software.

Any advice on some things I should try?

Thanks.

pmhenry

n3wb
Reaction score
Check your ip address settings on the camera and make sure the default gateway is correct for your network. I had this same problem and this solved it for me.

tweakgames

n3wb
Reaction score
Interesting. I will check that tonight. What's the logic behind it not being able to get out to the internet?

pmhenry

n3wb
Reaction score
Even though you may not be using/accessing camera via internet, I have noticed that certain cameras ("hoo too for example") seem to be confused if gateway is blank or set incorrectly and causes a constant lag because it is trying to send the stream to a non existent router and then times out. It happened to me because I changed the ip address on my router without going back and setting the correct one in the camera. I have all cameras using static IP addresses.

tweakgames

n3wb
Reaction score
Awesome. Thank you for taking the time to go into detail. I hope this fixes it, I will let you know the result!