Blue Iris 4 and Night Owl DVR8

lkrout

n3wb
Reaction score
I have searched the forum and found a few posts but they all are for older versions of Blue Iris or just stop with no real solution.

I have a Night Owl F6-DVR8 that I can't seem to get to work with Blue Iris 4. The smart phone app works fine and I can go to 192.168.0.110:80 and control the DVR so I think I should be able to access it using Blue Iris but I can't seem to get it to work.

This is my settings screen on the DVR.

NightOwl.JPG

This is what I have tried on Blue Iris

BlueIris1.JPGBlueIris2.JPG

This is what I get when I try to connect with Blue Iris.

BlueIris3.JPG

I have tried changing several of the settings on Blue Iris and have had no luck. Any ideas?

lkrout

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm getting closer. I found another app called IP Cam View that had more Night Owl systems listed. I worked through the list and found one that works. If I select Night Owl NVR10-882 select an appropriate Ch# it works. The default Client Port in this one is already 9000. Problem is this app doesn't show the parameters that are being used so I don't know what to put into Blue Iris yet but I'm getting closer and I know it should work if I can figure out what parameters to put in.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm getting closer. I found another app called IP Cam View that had more Night Owl systems listed. I worked through the list and found one that works. If I select Night Owl NVR10-882 select an appropriate Ch# it works. The default Client Port in this one is already 9000. Problem is this app doesn't show the parameters that are being used so I don't know what to put into Blue Iris yet but I'm getting closer and I know it should work if I can figure out what parameters to put in.
try using the f6-DVR16 rtsp option..

lkrout

n3wb
Reaction score
I had already been playing with that one. It defaults to these settings.

BlueIris4.JPG

I have tried changing the number after CAMNO from 2 to some other number and changed the Camera number to match. Also tried leaving the Camera number and changing the number in the path. I also tried moving the path to the param. Seems like no matter what I try I get this.

BlueIris5.JPG

I think this will work if I can just figure out what parameters to use or what path to use. I will keep trying and see if I can figure out what is being used to pull the data.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I had already been playing with that one. It defaults to these settings.

View attachment 7173

I have tried changing the number after CAMNO from 2 to some other number and changed the Camera number to match. Also tried leaving the Camera number and changing the number in the path. I also tried moving the path to the param. Seems like no matter what I try I get this.

View attachment 7174

I think this will work if I can just figure out what parameters to use or what path to use. I will keep trying and see if I can figure out what is being used to pull the data.
Make sure the ip address, ports and user name and address are correct..you likely have one of those entered incorrectly....
https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/4099-How-to-add-camera-to-BI-that-is-not-in-the-drop-down-list
post your new settings using the dvr16

lkrout

n3wb
Reaction score
Still working on this. Blue Iris support is working with me but still haven't found solution. I know the IP, password, ports are all entered correctly. I can access the DVR using the public IP, using Firefox and a video plugin. I can also access it using the public IP and the Night Owl HD app. I can also access it using IP Cam app, using both the local IP or the public IP.

I'm sure it can be done using Blue Iris just a matter of finding the correct settings.

skywizzard

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you ever get a solution? I am working through the same problem with the DVR-AHD10B-81-RS unit. Same exact outcome as you show.

lkrout

n3wb
Reaction score
No still no solution. Support even tried some things and was never able to figure it out. I still think it would work if the correct settings could be figured out.

eeeeees

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello Group
Same issue here with a NightOwl DVR-04 D1, except that I put a lot less time into it than Ikrout so far. Any sucess out there?
Eric

skywizzard

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks Ikrout, I agree with you, I think it's just a matter of getting the right parameters. Unfortunately there is an almost infinite number of options. I too plan to continue pursuing the problem and will post if there is any progress.

On another note, are any of you using Night Owl HD CMS program. It is not too bad and if I could import my other IP cameras, it would be an alternative to Blue Iris. It offers an "Add online device" option but only sees one of my cameras and then list it with "0" channels so it can't be imported into a group. There must be some work arounds...

Reaction score
Just looking for any more progress from anyone on this as I recently updated my old LION-4500 Night owl that worked fine to a HDA10L-DVR8 which also is giving me the same responses in Blue Iris. I've played with the params and path for the past 3 weeks and even tried using iSpy to scan for different paths.
One thing I find interesting is when I use the Find/Inspect button in Blue Iris I get a RTSP Port Open! message so it has to definitely be possible, just a matter of a little reverse engineering to figure it out.

skywizzard, I've been using there CMS program for the time being but I love blue iris, and working in hotel security I have gotten many staff to purchase blue iris for there IP cameras, just Night Owl is very hard headed.

I remember back in the days when I first got my LION-4500 Night Owl support was so helpful, now I ask them about RTSP and they simple answer with "whats RTSP, hold on, {quick hold} ya we don't support anything but our software I did find RTSP on google if you want a link" like seriously... I'm not asking for you to support a 3rd party program but just want basic info any DVR has, the RTSP address, and they keep ignoring it.

[h=3][/h]

lkrout

n3wb
Reaction score
Still no solution. I have tried everything I can think of and others have as well. It's frustrating as I'm sure it is possible since I can access the system remotely with a different program. I even gave remote access to others so they could try things and still no luck. Hopefully someone will eventually find the correct set of commands.

Radius9999

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, I think I found a solution for this DVR. You need to use the mobile access instead. Try using the "Zmodo DVR DM-70B,8104/8114/9114/6/8" IP camera selection with media port 18004 - which is the default mobile port setting. Camera selection should start at 1, and incremented for the other cameras. Finally got mine to work this way. Phew!!! Many hours of investment.

lkrout

n3wb
Reaction score
Can you post a picture of the page below? I tried what you said and didn't get anything different than I had been. The picture below is with the NightOwl settings that also don't work.

Blue Iris Shot.JPG

Reaction score
Radius can u please screenshot the settings in blue iris? :\
I just tried and getting Error 8000274d (refusted; check IP address and port) 0 even tho I know its correct :|
I just woke my toddler up so I can get on the computer and try this lol I was so hyped it'll work for me so I can burn this night owl CMS cd.

Reaction score
Can you post a picture of the page below? I tried what you said and didn't get anything different than I had been. The picture below is with the NightOwl settings that also don't work.

View attachment 14296
Night Owl really does NOT give any help I swear but I did get out of them Ikrout "Our camera's are not RTSP compatible"

I am about to pay someone to just reverse engineer the damn CMS software to find info. I actually found one article that says my models Main Stream may actually be h265 so I definitely need to find the substream h264 version.

Night owl seriously has there boxes on a damn lock up and really do force you to there crappy software.