Blue Iris 4 with foscam cameras

atrain9

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Looking for some help with my blue iris 4 and my foscam cameras. Its driving me crazy........I have to constantly unplug and then plug cameras back in for them to reset and then repaet the cycle at random times to get them back working!!! I have them all hard wired and my internet is pushing 50mbps + with i7 windows pc???????? PLEASE SOMEONE help me..........maybe its my settings or the watchdog causing problems???

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Looking for some help with my blue iris 4 and my foscam cameras. Its driving me crazy........I have to constantly unplug and then plug cameras back in for them to reset and then repaet the cycle at random times to get them back working!!! I have them all hard wired and my internet is pushing 50mbps + with i7 windows pc???????? PLEASE SOMEONE help me..........maybe its my settings or the watchdog causing problems???
When the cameras go out, can you access them directly via web browser?
You internet speed has nothing to do with this..

atrain9

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
They disappear from the ipcamera tool provided by foscam as well. I just want to say thanks for always getting back to me so quickly sir:)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
They disappear from the ipcamera tool provided by foscam as well. I just want to say thanks for always getting back to me so quickly sir:)
No problem. Then the issue is not with blue iris, the camera is simply dropping off the network...is the firmware the latest? What model foscams?
What router are you using?

atrain9

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The only way to get them up and running again is to physically pull the plug on the ones that go out and re-plug them back in.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The only way to get them up and running again is to physically pull the plug on the ones that go out and re-plug them back in.
is the firmware the latest? What model foscams?
What router are you using?
Next time they go out, leave them plugged in and unplug your router and plug it back in, see if that helps..

atrain9

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My Router in a netgear r8000. the foscams range from f18918,& f18910. the f18905's are on a bridged old linksys router 75ft from the house hard wired in a pool house and give me no trouble at all. im pretty sure all firmware is up to date but can double check.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
My Router in a netgear r8000. the foscams range from f18918,& f18910. the f18905's are on a bridged old linksys router 75ft from the house hard wired in a pool house and give me no trouble at all. im pretty sure all firmware is up to date but can double check.
Pairing foscams with that router is like putting bike tires on a race car:)...honestly you would be better off with a 50 dollar router and better cams..
Did this problem just start recently? if so, what if any changes were made?

atrain9

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
started soon as i got it and its been a while and cant take it back plus it was 200$$$ is there any fix??

atrain9

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes but not as much as now . The router is fully updated . Please tell me there is hope . I rely on the cams for safety as bad as it sounds ......

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Did you confirm that you are running the latest firmware on the cameras?

Sent via Taptalk

atrain9

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am down a version of the firmware and will spend some time shortly to update them so I can maybe rule this out or get them running correctly .

atrain9

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What is a all around powerful router that plays well with foscam and other cams ?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Great... If you can afford it, you should do away with the foscams all together... There are much better cameras available...

Sent via Taptalk

atrain9

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What do you suggest that will do similar to the ones I currently have ? I need 7 of them .

atrain9

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
its funny because the foscams arent weather proof but have held up mounted outside( f18918's and 10's ).
i use them for home security. im pleased witht hem aside from the fact i have to physically reset them by unplugging them periodically more than i did before.