blue iris 4xxx activation after pc crash

john b

n3wb
Reaction score
hi folks

i have been a happy blue iris 4 customer for a while. my pc crashed and i had to replase ssd and reinstall all my programs after reinstalling blue iris the old key wont validate/reactivate it only works in demo mode. I have origional recipt from digital river and have emailed everybody including blue iris with no luck yer. My camera settings were saved/imported and I have a fairly new windows back up. is it possible to use the windows backup to recover reactivate the program? hopefully blue iris can reactivate the key or something but its saturday and i dont expect any help till the middle of next week which is too long :( thanks in advance

Krotiz

n3wb
Reaction score
Probably not the same thing but I keep having to reactivate the program most times I reopen it. BI will reply to you but sometimes it can take a few days.

If you have a full backup then if you restore the image then likely it'll work fine - happens with most programs.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Probably not the same thing but I keep having to reactivate the program most times I reopen it. BI will reply to you but sometimes it can take a few days.

If you have a full backup then if you restore the image then likely it'll work fine - happens with most programs.
then you either have a key that someone else is using or a defective install..where did you buy your key? Did you install it on more than one pc?

CaliGirl

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I am having the same issue after allowing windows to update. It will not take my key? I am afraid to reinstall and loose all my BI settings that took me days if not weeks to get right. Please help :(

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am having the same issue after allowing windows to update. It will not take my key? I am afraid to reinstall and loose all my BI settings that took me days if not weeks to get right. Please help :(
your issue is different than the op...there is a known issue after the latest windows update...you will need to email support...you should have all your setting backed up anyway...ensure you are entering the correct license key and not a support key.

CaliGirl

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks, I made a new post since mine is different. Correct, license key. I dont have any of my settings backed up. I don't know how to. I do have an second hard drive on board for the footage that I can carry settings over to?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, I made a new post since mine is different. Correct, license key. I dont have any of my settings backed up. I don't know how to. I do have an second hard drive on board for the footage that I can carry settings over to?
backup is self explanatory on the about page

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
But I can't open the application to reach the about page? It won't open in Demo mode either. Or is the about somewhere else?
when you say it wont open, do you mean it says 0 days left?

CaliGirl

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Correct. It says 0 days left. And when I select Demo it does not open. And when I enter key code with dashes (-) or no Dashes, it will not let me select next.

keys:

xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Correct. It says 0 days left. And when I select Demo it does not open. And when I enter key code with dashes (-) or no Dashes, it will not let me select next.

keys:

xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
open the registry and find perspective software>blue iris...delete the registration folder and it will revert to the demo. You will still need to email support to get the key to work

CaliGirl

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If the application won't start there is a good chance it's being blocked by either Windows or your anti-virus software.
Good thinking, I checked and both BI folders are still in the exclusions list for windows defender.