arlobillz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have 3 cams running on 4, is it worth upgrading to 5

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have 3 cams running on 4, is it worth upgrading to 5
Yes. The one time upgrade fee is 35 dollars. New features are continuously being added. Note the 29.99 option is an annual renewal which you likely dont want. See the one time option here Home - Blue Iris Software
Also read the upgrade migration thread and make sure you have a copy of your BI4 license key and backup of your settings. You will need it when you uninstall 4, because it will cause bi5 to lose settings and the key. Just import settings and enter the key.

arlobillz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi, can you tell me the advantages you feel make it worth upgrading and any disadvantages?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, can you tell me the advantages you feel make it worth upgrading and any disadvantages?
you can read them for yourself on the BI website. Its 35 bux. IF this is an agonizing decision for you, perhaps its better not to update.

arlobillz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@fenderman: Thanks for your reply. Since you seem to be fairly well up with the info I thought it judicious to ask your opinion. "Agonising" is perhaps a tad overzealous adjective in the light of my enquiry. Cost of course is always relative to the gain which can be made, and differs with ones individual priorities.
@ area61. Thanks for your reply.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
My advise would be don't sit on the fence looking in for $35 , I migrated from BI4 to 5 without any trouble at all just follow the guide.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Alerts sent to my iPhone no longer work on 4 so that's a good reason.

Last edited: