Blue Iris and a TVST-TR2916A

JDWX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
NVR Question.....I'm wondering if I can use Blue Iris to add this TVT branded TVST-TR2916A NVR to my BI server.

There's not a lot about it on the net and I have searched and tried a lot. Kinda think it can't be done. It's a Hybrid NVR that accepts analog and IP cams. And has a LAN out that goes into my network and it has an IP address, and I can view the cams in their browser based NVR client called NVMS-9000.

Was hoping to integrate/add that NVR feed to my BI server, so I can access it externally with more security and record locally.

"I" didn't buy this thing, but I have access to it for some community installed street cams around my home. These cams, I have no idea what they are, they use LAN cabling, but go to baluns and BNC connectors. Doesn't matter a lot, as the unit has a lan out. But, I'm a bit vexed at this point.

Spec... I don't see RTSP but, not sure I know exactly what I'm looking. First NVR foray... And it's not a friendly NVR lol
16CH TR series 1080P Quad-brid Securiy DVR System

I'll be out for a while but will be back later this eve. Thanks!

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
dont look like it supports ONVIF and I cannot find any details on RTSP URI; can you fire up WireShark and see how the NVMS-9000 is getting a video feed?

can you portscan the NVR and see if port 554 is open?

so far its not looking good.

JDWX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply!

On a fing scan, I see.
HTTP Port 80
RTSP Port 554
A port Called NAPSTER?? 6699

And documentation in the NVMS-9000 interface says there is a "server port" 6063, but not seeing it in Fing

Never used or paid attention to wireshark, downloaded it a while ago for a class and never used it... So, now I have a need to :)

JDWX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Wireshark just shows a TCP connection between Src port 6036 192.168.0.200 (NVR) to Dst Port 56459 192.168.0.10 (which I have nothing on the network with that IP)... 6036 is designated as a server port in the documentation. Doesn't appear open to Fing... Not looking good but maybe I'm not up to speed.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
it has RTSP open thats a good sign, see if you put in rtsp://<ip>:554 into VLC -> Open Network

you might just get lucky, if that dont work do some google fu and perhaps they are using the same path as a Hikvision or Dahua or Axis .. if that leads nowhere you needa go back to wireshark and try to figure out whats connecting to 554 and the path its requesting.

JDWX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sadly, VLC errors and says can't open it. Tried 6036 as well. Wireshark isn't showing a connection for anything except 6036 :-/ I guess that's bad IMO.

I'm this short of finding an appropriate NVR for them and buying it to replace is just for my needs, lol. . Might be a hard find as I mentioned their camera outs use a balun to BNC connection and there is no info available in the NVR regarding them (blanked out), so I would guess analog CCTV cams. What a waste of community moneys. Other than running the pole to pole wiring, I'd have came up with a much better solution. Only good thing is there is CAT5 ran pole to pole and the cams and NVR could be swapped eventually...

Thank you for your brainstorming powers Nayr. Appreciated. Any other thoughts are appreciated if you think of anything.

fatal

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I spent a few days on this so figured I leave this here in case it can help someone in the future.

I have an "EasternCCTV ED6008" that through some roundabout detective work eventually figured out is probably also manufactured by TVT - in the latest version of its manual it pointed me to the SuperCam iOS app, which I was surprised to learn was able to connect to the DVR. Within that app the items listed in the Products section were all branded TVT. On another thread I learned that the qc / Q-See dvrs are also manufactured by TVT.

Long story short, in BlueIris I was able to connect to my DVR under Make: Q-See, Model: QT-504/4512/4516/5682 (video port 6036)! Happy I don't have to go and buy another DVR =D.