Blue Iris and Amcrest P2P

WayneW

n3wb
Reaction score
Amcrest cameras have a P2P communications system that allows a user to connect via their PC or Portable Device from within or from outside the LAN. I assume it somehow performs a Dynamic Update Client type of function, because the IP address of the router is irrelevant, doesn't need to be static, and doesn't matter if it changes.

My question is: can I utilize Amcrests P2P capability to connect to the camera on a remote network with Blue Iris ?

No, I don't want the additional hassle of a PC at the remote location, nor am I concerned about bandwidth at the remote location.

Can this (or something similar) be accomplished directly or via an intermediary application on the same PC as BI is running ?

Many thanks to all who reply

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Amcrest cameras have a P2P communications system that allows a user to connect via their PC or Portable Device from within or from outside the LAN. I assume it somehow performs a Dynamic Update Client type of function, because the IP address of the router is irrelevant, doesn't need to be static, and doesn't matter if it changes.

My question is: can I utilize Amcrests P2P capability to connect to the camera on a remote network with Blue Iris ?

No, I don't want the additional hassle of a PC at the remote location, nor am I concerned about bandwidth at the remote location.

Can this (or something similar) be accomplished directly or via an intermediary application on the same PC as BI is running ?

Many thanks to all who reply
No. blue iris has a built in quasi ddns function using your registration code see help file and search forum. also using amcrest/dahuas p2p is not secure.
you can setup a ddns service if you wish.
you are best off using a vpn.