Blue Iris and Foscam FI9853EP camera

keithgcc

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I have BI 4.0 with the latest update and am adding a Foscam FI9853EP camera to my existing setup of multiple other Foscam cameras, (which all work fine). BI will not auto detect the new camera and there is no selection for the FI9853 in the pull down menu. I can't get it to connect.
Any help would be appreciated,
Thanks,
Keith

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,
I have BI 4.0 with the latest update and am adding a Foscam FI9853EP camera to my existing setup of multiple other Foscam cameras, (which all work fine). BI will not auto detect the new camera and there is no selection for the FI9853 in the pull down menu. I can't get it to connect.
Any help would be appreciated,
Thanks,
Keith
Welcome to the forum..have you tried the other foscam options? make sure your credentials. ip address, ports are entered correctly...

keithgcc

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, I have tried all of the existing Foscam options. IP, etc are correct. The camera works fine outside of BI.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
you can select rtsp from the top of the list and manually enter the rtsp url in the path..
[user name][:password]@IP:HTTP port number/videostream
omit the brackets...
or
/videoMain instread of videostream...

keithgcc

n3wb
Reaction score
Ken (at BI) helped me out. For some reason BI was able to find the camera when I used my specific IP address 192.168.x.x for the camera, but would not find it when I used my host name xxx.dyndns.org. All of my older Foscam cameras were able to be found when I used the host name just fine.
Thanks, Fenderman, for your help, too!!
Keith

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ken (at BI) helped me out. For some reason BI was able to find the camera when I used my specific IP address 192.168.x.x for the camera, but would not find it when I used my host name xxx.dyndns.org. All of my older Foscam cameras were able to be found when I used the host name just fine.
Thanks, Fenderman, for your help, too!!
Keith
Great! why would you use your external host name? is the camera in a different location that the pc?

keithgcc

n3wb
Reaction score
No, but I have a dynamic IP plan with my ISP, and it changes now and then. Now you got me thinking if I am doing it right. My other 6 cameras have always worked with my external host name, just the 2 new cameras didn't want to work with it, only the direct port.
Thanks again.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
No, but I have a dynamic IP plan with my ISP, and it changes now and then. Now you got me thinking if I am doing it right. My other 6 cameras have always worked with my external host name, just the 2 new cameras didn't want to work with it, only the direct port.
Thanks again.
While it should technically work by entering your ddns address (this method will not work on many router/modem combos) the proper method is to simply use the internal ip address of each camera when you set them up in blue iris....doing it this way will also eliminate the need to use different port numbers for each camera...you can simply use the default ports because you will be using their unique ip addresses.
Also you should not be forwarding the cameras themselves..simply forward the blue iris webserver...1 port, thats it.
Then you will use the hostname:XXXX where XXXX is your port number to access the blue iris server remotely...

Reaction score
Here is what i did to get things working:
* Goto the camera properties
* goto the video Tab
* next to your ip address, click Configure
* You can either click inspect now, or select the foscam V2, it will detect a V2 camera
* on the same screen, on the right side, you will see Network options, the 4th box down will not have a check in the box next to: Skip initial DNS and reachability test, put a checkmark in the box.
* click OK and then OK again and the camera should now go online

I have purchased 7 of these cameras, and i had to figure this out myself.

Hope this helps

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Here is what i did to get things working:
* Goto the camera properties
* goto the video Tab
* next to your ip address, click Configure
* You can either click inspect now, or select the foscam V2, it will detect a V2 camera
* on the same screen, on the right side, you will see Network options, the 4th box down will not have a check in the box next to: Skip initial DNS and reachability test, put a checkmark in the box.
* click OK and then OK again and the camera should now go online

I have purchased 7 of these cameras, and i had to figure this out myself.

Hope this helps
Great..you still should be using the cameras local ip address in the blue iris configuration settings..

Reaction score
My cameras are using the local IP address. But this was the only way for the FI9853 cameras to show the video.