Blue Iris and Samsung/Hanwha NVR Setup

Reaction score
Hello all. I've used BI for several years but pretty much just the basic functionality with several individual IP cameras and a 4 camera Lorex NVR. I'm attempting to integrate a 4 camera Samsung system into BI but I'm not having any luck. The NVR is a Samsung SNR-73200WN and the cameras are SNC-79440BW N/UC, Both appear to be made by Hanwha. This was a stand alone system I had at a vacation home and the new owners wanted them removed. Anyway, I've tried many combinations of camera configs in BI with no success.

Here's my NVR config;
Static IP has been set
Client Port: 9000
Http Port: 80
UPNP: Enabled
RTSP Enabled
Verify: Enabled
RTSP Port: 554

The instructions on the NVR screen show

rtsp:/IP:port/chA/B
A:01(ch1),02(ch2)...
B:0(main stream),1(substream)

I've searched these forums with no luck. Any guidenace would be greatly appreciated.

Bob

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello all. I've used BI for several years but pretty much just the basic functionality with several individual IP cameras and a 4 camera Lorex NVR. I'm attempting to integrate a 4 camera Samsung system into BI but I'm not having any luck. The NVR is a Samsung SNR-73200WN and the cameras are SNC-79440BW N/UC, Both appear to be made by Hanwha. This was a stand alone system I had at a vacation home and the new owners wanted them removed. Anyway, I've tried many combinations of camera configs in BI with no success.

Here's my NVR config;
Static IP has been set
Client Port: 9000
Http Port: 80
UPNP: Enabled
RTSP Enabled
Verify: Enabled
RTSP Port: 554

The instructions on the NVR screen show

rtsp:/IP:port/chA/B
A:01(ch1),02(ch2)...
B:0(main stream),1(substream)

I've searched these forums with no luck. Any guidenace would be greatly appreciated.

Bob
Disable upnp and ensure it has been disabled in your router or you have to make sure all ports that were forwarded are now closed.
Have you tried the samsung options in the drop down?

Reaction score
Disable upnp and ensure it has been disabled in your router or you have to make sure all ports that were forwarded are now closed.
Have you tried the samsung options in the drop down?
I've disabled upnp on the NVR but no change in results. It was already disabled in my router. I have tried many combinations of the Samsung configure from the drop downs with no joy.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I've disabled upnp on the NVR but no change in results. It was already disabled in my router. I have tried many combinations of the Samsung configure from the drop downs with no joy.
The upnp is not related to your issue. That is just a security precaution.
Post your samsung network page info, take a screen shot so we can see ports etc. Then post BI video>configuration settings

Reaction score
Still hoping someone can guide me in solving this issue. I've successfully added my Lorex NVR to Blue Iris and I'd really like to add the Samsung NVR as well.

askcharlie

n3wb
Reaction score
Still hoping someone can guide me in solving this issue. I've successfully added my Lorex NVR to Blue Iris and I'd really like to add the Samsung NVR as well.
Example:
IP address of our Samsung NVR = 192.168.0.40

Blue Iris:
Configure for RTSP stream. Leave everything else as defaults. Connection string for Camera 1 using Main stream (highest resolution):

rtsp:/192.168.0.40:554t/ch1/0

Keep in mind the RTSP username password is on the Samsung RTSP configuration page. The username and password for RTSP is NOT the same as the Users and Password you set in the Samsung for system access.k