Blue Iris Android app

aaronwt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is there a new version of the app coming? Ever since it last updated, I've had issues with my three tablets(Tab S 10.5 and two Google Nexus 7(2013 tablets) running Android 6.0. The BI app will close right after opening. But I never had any issues with the app on my old Galaxy S6 running Android 7 or my new Galaxy S8 running Android 7. The older version of the app worked fine on all my devices. But the most recent version has had the issues.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I messaged the developer 3 months ago asking for the ability to delete all clips with a single button. He replied "I will add that soon!" and nothing since.
What does that have to do with the op? Have you tried writing again? Why would you need that function from the app... makes no sense...

aaronwt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't do anything. The BI app behaves the same way. It crashes right after opening. The previous version had no issues. Its the most recent version where these issues started.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't do anything. The BI app behaves the same way. It crashes right after opening. The previous version had no issues. Its the most recent version where these issues started.
Email support

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Just because you don't need a feature doesn't mean others don't. I don't mean to be rude, but your replies are normally very rude or condescending. This is a help forum, and you treat people like they are stupid and not supposed to be here. Or that they should just know how to fix things themselves.

I need the feature because I was on the other side of the country getting a double lung transplant and I had no access to my home, so I had no access to delete my clips when my drives got full. Automatic deletion is fine, but some days the cameras would produce more clips and the automatic "delete when clips are x days old" would fall behind.

I don't need to explain myself to you, though. It related to OP because I was saying how I contacted the dev about adding a feature to the android app, he said he would, then he didn't. 3 months ago. So that just gives OP an idea of when to expect a new update - probably not for a long time.
Dont like my replies feel free to leave my forum..simple as that..want a feature email the developer...there is a reason he ignored you.
Your reply points to the silliness of your "feature" request...its a dumb request..the auto delete does NOT "fall behind" if you think before you setup..why limit clips to X days when you can simply limit clips to the STORAGE capacity of the hard drive so you dont manually manage your files like an idiot. The entire point of a VMS is so that you dont have to micro manage it... Its amazing how dumb some folks can be.
You are incorrect again about update frequency...you are drawing conclusions based on your dumb request not being added vs a crashing issue...think man think...there have been several updates to the mobile app over the last 3 months...
Hows that for rude? too much?

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Also hasn't been updated for a month and a half, and the latest update was a small very specific bug fix. The previous versions were many months prior. So I'm correct about the 3 months thing.
You just admitted a month and a half...how do you get three months? Do you think the developer has to cater to your stupid requests? Why dont you try that with any major vms and see how long it takes them to implement a change you requested.