Blue Iris App - What is streaming- H.264 vs mjpeg?

Dseg42

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have the FoscamPro app and my older mjpeg caremas stream fast and load almost instantly.
But my H.264 camera has about a 15s delay before it is actually loaded. But after it loads, it is fast.

If I buy the Blue Iris iOS app, will it stream in mjpeg and be as fast as my older Foscam cameras?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
no.. its going to stream in the from your camera with the same format the camera streams in.. its not going to re-encode from h264 to mjpeg just so it loads faster no your iOS.. nor would you want it to.. your phone wont have the throughput for HD video in MJPEG format.

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have the FoscamPro app and my older mjpeg caremas stream fast and load almost instantly.
But my H.264 camera has about a 15s delay before it is actually loaded. But after it loads, it is fast.

If I buy the Blue Iris iOS app, will it stream in mjpeg and be as fast as my older Foscam cameras?
Are you using the blue iris server? You cant use the blue iris app without the windows server running. If you are using blue iris server then you should be using the mobile app.
You are likely trying to stream full res HD to the foscam app that is why its slow...Blue iris will stream a lower bitrate stream to its mobile app and it will be much faster..You can select up to 3 preset bitrates of your choice and choose which one you want to stream.