Blue Iris App

jboro

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone use it and like/hate it? I currently use the Logitech Alert app although i am thinking of switching to Blue Iris. Would I need to buy the app twice, once for my iphone and once for my wifes?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone use it and like/hate it? I currently use the Logitech Alert app although i am thinking of switching to Blue Iris. Would I need to buy the app twice, once for my iphone and once for my wifes?
If you will be using blue iris, the app is a must have. Other apps like ipcamviewer or tinycam only allow you to view live video.
The blue iris app allows you to view recorded video, receive push notifications, change profiles, select from 3 bitrates that you can predetermine in the server, change the traffic light status, and use geofencing....you will need to purchase it twice..as with any other app if you have tablet with the same account your purchase is good for your phone and tablet.

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I agree with @fenderman in that you have to get the app for BI to take full advantage of the system remotely.

Also, no need to buy it twice unless you are opposed to the idea of linking your iTunes accounts (see HERE). You can share the purchased accros the devices in your family! Only reason to buy two is one for iPhone and other for Android.

Last edited by a moderator: