Blue Iris as a windows service - no signal on cams

ronan

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
When trying to run BI as a service, I get no live signal on any of my cams.

I can however start BI, or, log in via the mobile app and view previously recorded clips/alerts.

I also seem to get live streaming audio via BI on the PC.

Turning the service off and restarting BI - all cams are fine.

Running 4.2.8.5 x64, i7 3610QM, windows 7.

Anyone run into this?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It's a bug with hardware acceleration and Windows 7. It has been reported to the developer.

WatchIt

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
I now have the same problem. BI was running as a service under Win7 all the time. Then I saw, one cam had rebootet and was gone in BI (no signal). I played around and found, when restarting BI all other cams have the same. When BI is not run as a service, everything is working.
Question: what exactly is the problem with the hardware? a driver?
As said, it was working here and still does on a other machine (also Win7), and out of a sudden is doesn't. I did not change anything (no updates, no new drivers, no new hardware)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,
I now have the same problem. BI was running as a service under Win7 all the time. Then I saw, one cam had rebootet and was gone in BI (no signal). I played around and found, when restarting BI all other cams have the same. When BI is not run as a service, everything is working.
Question: what exactly is the problem with the hardware? a driver?
As said, it was working here and still does on a other machine (also Win7), and out of a sudden is doesn't. I did not change anything (no updates, no new drivers, no new hardware)
you cannot run both hardware acceleration and windows service under windows 7.

WatchIt

n3wb
Reaction score
I reloaded an Backup of my settings from October. Indeed, Hardware acceleration is schwitch off there. But I did not change that in the meentime. ( I know what I would say if somebody clains that: Changed nothing, only hard and software). No, I really did not change that. I don't know how that could happen.
Thanks for your Answer fenderman