Blue Iris - Baby monitor with real-time movement & audio plot

starwolf73

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm looking for a baby monitor that will used my Blue Iris server to have a real-time audio and motion plot on the camera video so I can easily see any audio or movement over a period time. I been using a greap app call "Baby IPCAM Monitor (iOS)" but it pull directly from the camera which make multiple stream (Blue Iris, Myself and Mom) and causing some jerk due to bandwidth or camera overload.

So unless there is something already done, I'm looking to build it and may need to help to point me in the right direction.

The goal is to use the Blue Iris web servers with a specific page "Baby monitor" and stream the camera with under a real-time plot graph of audio and if possible Motion activities over a certain selectable period (5min, 15min, 30min, 1h, 6h, 12h, etc). So far Overlay seem to be only for text.

Questions:
Q1- Anyone using an audio real-time plot graph in their setup?
Q2- Can we used Overlay for real-time plot graph?
Q3- If I need to build a website in Blue Iris, do we have access through audio and motion detect though API?

Any help or suggestion will be greatly appreciate. I'm mostly familiar with Python but looking for other suggestion language if it fit better.

Thanks
StarWolf73

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm still trying to understand the concept of what StarWolf is looking for. The idea is intriguing to graph sound events over time. I, too, would ask 'why' because any aspect of data collection and display is of interest to me, and I'm sure to many others, but it is way beyond my abilities to offer any help.

starwolf73

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi @DLONG2,

Sorry if I wasn't clear, new parent and only few hours of sleep :). I discover the concept of sound amplitude over time graph with a video stream when using an iOS App called Baby Monitor for IP Camera. I did find the layout very useful to provide in a short look if there was any sound events in time or for example when our babie wake up.

I though I might be able to replicate this layout with Blue Iris and his web customization to off load the camera of having everyone connecting to the cam directly.

So far I've been playing with the Blue Iris API sound streaming "http://{host URL}/audio/{cam-short-name}/temp.wav" and some python library. It's a work in progress... :)