Blue Iris calling PTZ preset unexpectedly

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I'm having an odd issue with Blue Iris and my SD49225XA-HNR PTZ camera. When I take manual control of the camera either in BI or through the camera's web GUI, Blue Iris will randomly call the camera back to Preset 2. In the camera GUI I have its Idle Motion set to return to Preset 2 after 60 Minutes. I do not have Time Task enabled. In Blue Iris under the PTZ tab for that camera I had "resume cycle/schedule after inactivity" set to 3600 seconds, I then changed it to 0 figuring that disables the inactivity timer. That setting doesn't seem to make a difference as it will return to Preset 2 after a random amount of time, sometimes within a few seconds of me taking control, sometimes after a minute or more. Obviously this is frustrating because if I take control to look at something, I get pulled away from it.

I have determined that Blue Iris is forcing the camera back, and not the camera itself, because if I disable PTZ control for this camera in BI it stays where I leave it until the Idle Time elapses. If I enable BI PTZ control again, the problem returns.

Attached are screenshots of my BI settings, Anyone have any suggestions?

PTZSettings.png

Capture.PNG

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Do you have a spotter cam somewhere that is calling up preset 2 "On alert"

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Do you have a spotter cam somewhere that is calling up preset 2 "On alert"
Ugh. Yup. I did testing a while back and then removed all of them... Or so I thought. I missed a camera in a different group. Testing now to see if that was the one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yep, that has got me too LOL - how I knew to suggest it! And then some of my cams have different settings for different profiles, it can get hair pulling quick when something like this happens and trying to remember everything you did!

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Thanks. That was it. Camera has been stationary since I disabled that one!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk