Blue Iris camera feed not as clear as directly going to Hikvision camera

jlx

n3wb
Reaction score
I noticed that my Hikvision camera feed in Blue Iris is a little blurrier compared to looking through the camera directly. It looks much clearer in the camera than when looking through Blue Iris. Something I can do to make Blue Iris look sharp too? Sorry if this sounds confusing. I'm trying to fine tune and get things setup properly.

Also, just a tip for anyone, in Hikvision I read that adjusting the Exposure Time will help with moving objects (e.g., walking people) so they look clearer. Read that 1/30 or 1/60 is good, but trying to find out a better option.

Any help on the Blue Iris feed to make as clear as direct from camera would be greatly appreciated.

Setup:
Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I and DS-2CD2132-I
Blue Iris 4 / i5 4460 / 8GB

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Post a screen shot of the difference...blue iris does allow you to adjust the quality of the recording (if you are not using the direct to disc option) check the record tab...

Chust

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I noticed that my Hikvision camera feed in Blue Iris is a little blurrier compared to looking through the camera directly. It looks much clearer in the camera than when looking through Blue Iris. Something I can do to make Blue Iris look sharp too? Sorry if this sounds confusing. I'm trying to fine tune and get things setup properly.

Also, just a tip for anyone, in Hikvision I read that adjusting the Exposure Time will help with moving objects (e.g., walking people) so they look clearer. Read that 1/30 or 1/60 is good, but trying to find out a better option.

Any help on the Blue Iris feed to make as clear as direct from camera would be greatly appreciated.

Setup:
Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I and DS-2CD2132-I
Blue Iris 4 / i5 4460 / 8GB
I too have noticed this! It is really noticeable at night. Ivms is a lot clearer! It's not just you seeing the slight blur in BI.

Chust

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Post a screen shot of the difference...blue iris does allow you to adjust the quality of the recording (if you are not using the direct to disc option) check the record tab...
Try ivms and you to will see the difference.

Reactions: jlx

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I see no difference between the browser and BI.. If you are not using direct to disc check the recording or quality.. The default is 70 percent

jlx

n3wb
Reaction score
I see no difference between the browser and BI.. If you are not using direct to disc check the recording or quality.. The default is 70 percent
Is it just me, but I feel like the images are not the same. I am doing D2D. The one with time stamp is screen shot from BI and the other is direct feed. Any help would be great thanks.

Attachments

Chust

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I know! I sure notice it! I quit recording with BI. Until this is fixed. I'm using ivms pcnvr and the video is crystal clear.

jlx

n3wb
Reaction score
Try ivms and you to will see the difference.
I have various cameras, not only Hikvision, so Blue Iris was the option. BI is pretty easy to use, but I may consider ivms if one day I decide to go all Hiks. Thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@jlx, are you capturing these images from the live feed or from a recorded file? I see the time stamp which should not be there on d2d recording unless you selected to readd it at export.
Compare the recorded file...

Last edited by a moderator: