Blue Iris cant detect camera

bangchu

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello guys,

I just purchased Blue Iris, and am having a problem setting it up. i've an Modem/Router Combo device I connect to a POE Switch and both my PC and Camera plug into POE Switch. but blue iris wont able to detect the camera. So i try to add another Router in between my Modem/Router Combo and POE switch, blue iris ABLE to detect the camera. Can someone hep me how can i get blue iris to detect the camera when I remove the Router between the modem and POE Switch?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello guys,

I just purchased Blue Iris, and am having a problem setting it up. i've an Modem/Router Combo device I connect to a POE Switch and both my PC and Camera plug into POE Switch. but blue iris wont able to detect the camera. So i try to add another Router in between my Modem/Router Combo and POE switch, blue iris ABLE to detect the camera. Can someone hep me how can i get blue iris to detect the camera when I remove the Router between the modem and POE Switch?
Before blue Iris can detect the camera you need to be able to log into the Camera via browser. The reason you likely cannot do that is because the camera is on a different subnet than your network.

bangchu

n3wb
Reaction score
Before blue Iris can detect the camera you need to be able to log into the Camera via browser. The reason you likely cannot do that is because the camera is on a different subnet than your network.
In this case i have to change the network subnet to match with the camera?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
In this case i have to change the network subnet to match with the camera?
You are better off matching the camera to the network. There are several threads that discuss doing this manually. Many brands have a tool that allows you to do this across subnets.