Blue Iris Clip: write error 80000005

sodabrab

n3wb
Reaction score
I recently moved my db, new, and stored locations to the Google Drive folder location on my PC and now I am getting this write error. Has anyone seen this error before? Thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I recently moved my db, new, and stored locations to the Google Drive folder location on my PC and now I am getting this write error. Has anyone seen this error before? Thanks.
did you create separate subfolders for each? did you point blue iris to the new location? did you rebuild the database?

sodabrab

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, separate folders for each and I rebuilt the db. I was testing it a little more so I put everything back how it was and confirmed it was working. Then I just changed the new files folder to my google drive folder location only and write failures started occurring again.

Tim36272

n3wb
Reaction score
I was receiving this error when running Blue Iris as a service. This was because the default user account Windows uses to run the service did not have permission to access to my Google Drive folder. I fixed this by updating the service to run as my user account instead of a local administrator.