Blue Iris Clips Calendar issue

bslow47

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am going to through this out there to see if anyone knows. When the calendar does populate and I go back to previous dates and they have the red dot on the days with recordings. The dots are no longer being removed when those clips are deleted. I have a limit size of 500 GB and when it reaches that BI will delete older clips back down to around 495ish GB. This will roughly give me 2-3 weeks of recordings on file. I view the file where recordings are stored and all is good there. The older clips that are to be deleted are deleted. I view the older days that should be deleted on the calendar and the red dot is still there. I click on the day, with the red dot, that should be deleted and the recordings will come up. I click on the recording to view and, as it should, I get a message that file is not found. Obviously because it was deleted by BI.

I can right click on those recordings and delete them all out but the red dot will remain for that day. All of this started on April 11. So I view the file where clips are stored and April 11s are deleted. Go to calendar and click on April 11 (still have red dot) and the list is empty because I manually deleted list. I have done all the Compact/Repair, Repair/Regenerate and Ran maintenance. The kicker is when I view the app on my phone all is good. no issues. That calendar populates instantly and the dots on the correct days.

AS OF writing this I discovered something with my problem. No not that problem. but with the calendar red dot problem that I also believe is related to the calendar populating issue.
When you select the calendar you have the option to view one camera's recording or all camera recordings. I manually deleted all the recording, on April 11, from the clips list but the red dot remained. Today,
I had the individual camera choice selected and the red dot was gone under April 11. When I selected all recording the red dot came back. So I went through my cameras and found the one camera that has been
causing the problems. Or I think has been causing problems. When I select that camera and try to populate the calendar it takes a few minutes. When I hit the back arrow, on the calendar, to view older dates it takes a few minutes.

So with this new information does anyone have an idea where to look to resolve this?

Thanks,